Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

machine work?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skidpan, Mar 14, 2006.

1. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

so i got some military rims and tires off of a LAV.. damn they are heavy...
    so they are a pain in the ass to remove from the rim, and i really dont think that my 16 inch rims have enough back spacing to even fit on the truck.
    Now i know that these are extremely heavy, and will be hell on my drive train, but I am trying to figure out how to use these rims. here is what i came up with ...
    now all of the macking shops that are anywhere near me say that they cant make these due to liability reasons.. i think this is a crock of ****. this is an offroad only vehicle, so i dont see the big deal? Do you think that one of these guys that make the bead locks could make something very simmilar for me? or do you guys know of anywhere I could go?
    View attachment wheel adapter.bmp

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  2. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

come on guys... I need some help.. where can i buy flat steel 3/4 thick? I will make these my self.

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

4. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Don't tell them that it's a home brewed wheel adapters. ;)

Jeff

5. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

go to a local steel beam place or commercial hvac shop and ask if they can get it from their steel supplier

6. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I just bought a set of 4 steel burnouts from a local supplier , they where 10" dia and 1" thick. These , per pound , are very similar in cost to what your after. My bill was $140 , that's with a cut fee.

I've been working in machine shops for the last 18 years and I can count on one hand how many times I seen jobs turned away due to liability. I would say that 95% of the jobs that where turned away where things like firearms violation stuff......."can you make my AR15 full auto".....:haha:

good luck, Jeff