Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

machined d44 flat top pics wanted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 5trucks, Feb 13, 2007.

1. 5trucks

5trucks 1/2 ton status

I just got all my crossover stuff from WFO and i need to have the knuckle machined and tapped. I need pics of the surface area to be machined so i can get it done right. Maybe a little paint action to outline the correct area. Thanks for everyones help. You guys rock!!!!!

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Trevor does it... you could ship yours to him ;)

IIRC, it's a mirror image of the driver's side, so if your other knuckle is off, there's your pattern.

I'm not more help as I just shipped both of mine up to Trevor, had him machine the one and pop the new balljoints in both, and since I'm close it was cheap and easy :deal:

-- A

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

id send it to trevor, i just ordered some dedenbears from him and he reamed the tierod opening for me.

4. 5trucks

5trucks 1/2 ton status

who is trevor and what does he charge? shipping???

5. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Trevor is the person at WFO concepts. Very helpful when I spoke to him. I bought a bent drag link from him recently. Called back with other questions. He answered them all and them some on the issue of crossover.

I would highly recommend him. just my $0.02

6. 5trucks

5trucks 1/2 ton status

Is there some kinda trick to this that a machineist could not figure out? I dont get why the push for Trevor. I ordered all my crossover stuff from him and he is great to deal with. Highly reccommended but this cant be that difficult to figure out. Even for the retarded machineists. Just dont mill the ball joint surface.

7. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

it's not difficult we were just trying to save you some time findin someone you can trust and for the right price. So now one to the pics---will I dont have any---it looks the mirror image of the driverside----now thats what the machinest needs to figure out.

8. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

PM Muddytazz, if you ask nicely he'd probably email you the drawings for doing it properly as he did for me. It's not quite as straight forward as you may think.

9. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just found what he mailed me.

99207-knuckle print.JPG

10. 5trucks

5trucks 1/2 ton status

Just got off the phone with trevor and i think i will save myself the headache and just ship it to him. Thanks for all the info everyone. Good lookin out.

11. 4x4Suburban

4x4Suburban Registered Member

Ok, first of all it's Machinist, not Machinest...I've been in the field for over 14 years and I've never known a "retarded machinist"...I've met some retarded people trying to be a machinist, but mental and mchanical aptitude have alot to do with this trade!

If you ask a "real" machinist, you'll get the answers you want. Anything mechanical for modification isn't rocket science, so any machinist with average skill can do it...

12. 5trucks

5trucks 1/2 ton status

Yeah my spelling licks ball sack. Thanks for the info. Shipped out this morning.