Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MACHINISTS WANTED!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TSGB, Nov 19, 2003.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I need information for a term paper on the "History of Machining." If anybody can give me some info, and a name, it would really help. Or you know, just a name so I can pad my source list! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Contact 45acp (aka AZ-Kickin) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Contact 45acp (aka AZ-Kickin) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

TONYP is another one. Misfit is one, if he ever gets back on here. DERBINATOR is another, again, whenever he gets back on here, too.

I've had real good dealings with 45acp and TONYP. Both are ranked up there, way up high on my list of machinists. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

One person you should look into is Eli Whitney. Yes he made the cotton gin but the best thing that he did was make interchangeable parts. He had a contract with the Government to build 10,000 muskettes and all the parts would interchange with each other. Back then guns was made one at a time and no parts was made the same. So I would say that he was the father of part tolerances. He also made a milling machine. The company is still in business as Pratt-Whitney. Also look at machining of fire arms. They are probably more reasonable for machine advancements then anyone industry. I will try to think of some more.

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Thanks guys. When I get it all hacked out, I'll probably post it on my website ( www.geocities.com/fartnuggetz ). I contacted the guys at AZ-Kickin and got a bit of info. Eli Whitney is in, with his mill and repeatablity/interchangable concepts. Mind if I use you guys in my list of sources??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif