Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mack or isuzu flate bed truck for towing

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by supersize75k5, Aug 2, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I just am really liking this idea.. by the time I get a nice truck that can tow and be a daily driver, plus a nice tailer I am looking at a nice chunk of dinaro..

But I keep seing great deals that my neighbor is getting on his work trucks "he makes water falls and moves small bolders"

he gets these used trucks for 3000.00 and up, he got a really sharp cab over for 4500 with loads of goodies.

If I hada nice set of ancors,straps, ramps and a winch couldn't I go this route?

What would towing be like? Scary?

seems nice than towing it behind a k5, and being that I would not use it for a daily driver it could make the maintenence more affordable. It is a part tax write off too if I use it for business too.

I have talked with my niebor and working out a pre paid monthly storage at his yard is fine with him, he also is the only person with access and it is monitered and if I clear out part of the warhouse I could store it indoors /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

just would be nice

-shawn

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alot of the guys who run 4 wheel Modified and Superstock pulling trucks haul them with the same type of rigs. It is a very nice setup. The only thing is overall height and short underpasses (or as one guy found out....Large overhanging tree limbs). I don't know where you would be hauling and what obstructions you might find, but that would be one consideration. Other than that, it seems like a great setup.

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Being that I work for Mack... you would have to be out of your freaking mind. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    They do sell for cheap... prolly because the last Mack Midliner I did a brake job on cost almost $10,000,parts and labor.(sucker bought the rig for $2500) For one you have to take it in to a Mack dealer to get the brakes replaced, unless you have the handy dandy $5,000 brake setting tool. Otherwise there is no way in hell you will get the job done.
    Prepare for wheel cylinders that cost $1000, AHHHHHHHH.
    [darn] those rigs. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    But ya can get the rigs cheap... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Izuzu's. [darn] them too. Our service rig is an Izuzu.
    Unless I need the welder I won't take it, I use my stang since it better equiped anyway and that lil 88hp 4 banger has alot more balls than that POS. And it is a new rig.
    I have nothing good to say about those rigs.
    If ya want a Medium duty rig as a tow rig get a Topkick.
    Stay away from the Ford Medium duty's. Well it's a Ford so that's a given.
    Any rig that has air over hydraulic brakes has but one purpose, you need two. One to crap on and the other to cover it with.
    If ya do get one slather up with some gear lube and bend over. Smile and pretend it's a physical.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

there goes tose thoughts /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif