Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MAD Offroad earns its name

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazd88, Feb 11, 2007.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Early Dec I ordered Rockcrusher diff covers for the D60 and 14FF on the blazer. The add said no charges will be billed until the covers are shipped. It also said that the 14ff covers were on backorder. No big deal. I ordered and sent a message along with my email order that the credit card I had used to order with was to expire Jan 1 of 07'. Never heard anything bit I did recieve my D60 cover. So I went back to the website and clicked on "contact". In the page it said "speak with a human" so I filled it out thinking it would be easier to talk to a human. Another week went by and I heard nothing. So I filled it out again explaining my situation. Three times later I finally called and was told by what I understood to be the owner that that page did not exist. So I got another email address from him and sent him the address of that page proving that it in fact was part of "his" page. After sending many more emails wondering what the deal was with my order I recieved a call from Grant, the owner of Rockcrusher diffs. He was confused as to why I wasnt angry. He was sent the frustrated emails that I had sent to MAD. I talked with him and he was very helpful and gave me his personal cell number and said he would take care of the problem himself. He also spoke of problems like this that seemed to keep arising but thats not my room to speak about. I have still not heard a word from MAD. I think its chicken **** to push a upset costomer off to someone else. Rockcrusher is an awsome company with above excellent costomer service. Lifetime warranty also helps. Needless to say I will never order or solicit anything that involes MAD Offroad. I had heard stories but figured for the price Id give them a chance. Never again!!! I will be canceling the 14ff order and calling Grant and paying HIM the money he deserves. Hope that we can continue to weed out the apathetic venders and give more praise to those who stand by us and thier products whole heartedly.

Thank you Grant and Rockcrusher.
    I will sport the diff sticker proudly without the free MAD sticker lol.:bow:

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I also ordered some covers from MAD a while back. I got my 60 cover too, but was also told that the 14's would be on back order, and wouldn't be ready for a couple of months. It's a bit to wait, but for the prices I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. But, my experience with MAD was ok, no problems at all. I also did the "speak with ahuman" deal, when I had a question about something. But mine was answered right away. SO far that's the only experience I've had with them. My hope is that it will continue to be a pleasant experience.

Grant sounds like a stand up guy. I'm very happy with my 60's cover, and look forward to getting my 14's. :thumb:

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, lots of companies making good diff covers these days... with DIY, GLO and RS all building hella beefy ones cheap, I don't see any reason to tolerate mediocre customer service from anyone else.

j