Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mad Vibrations/Hopping

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Aug 11, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

alright so some idiot cut me off today and i slammed the brakes then i started driving and the car was shaking/hopping so i quikcly pulled onto a residential street, came to a complete stop, then drove off and it was fine. did a visual inspection and everything look fine, it felt like i blew a tire out or that a brake locked up while the rest where free. It only did it 2 more times that nite. once when i was breaking from a relatively high speed(30?), and it seems to reaccur when i hit something like a speed bump or lots of bumps at around 20-30.

any help would be nice. thanks,

phill

2. Double_T

Double_T Registered Member

Sounds like a smorgasbord of problems. Worn out tie rod ends, maybe loose wheel bearings, mix in sloppy ball joints, and blend with unevenly worn tires. For dessert, warped disks! And remember; I'm not making fun of you 'cause I got the same problems!

3. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

always happens to me, how hard is it to replace all that?

phill

4. Double_T

Double_T Registered Member

You didn't list enough info to judge what the actual problem is caused by, but I'd say start with the tie rod ends including the steering linkage. Try to twist it and compare that to twisting it on a new car. These parts aren't that expensive, you can replace them yourself and have a shop do the alignment. Just get the tires reasonably close before you drive it.

5. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

thats cool, im gonna go ahead and replace everything u listed, i think its about time for it anyway.

phill

6. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    mine was a combo of most of those things I would also check the steering box. mine had a hole the size half dollar for a bolt.

Hut in the well is goin on in here?

sun desert offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

7. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

looking at it again i think its the brakes, im gonna replace the calipers and rotors.

phill