Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Made good deal in AZ

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by azblazor, Nov 25, 2001.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My son and I picked up an 87 K5 for $440. It's been sitting for 7 years with a broken axle shaft. Engine is supposed to have internal damage - but no sign of being apart- engine oil is clean. Light front fender damage, no rust whatsoever, AC system and the radiator have been stripped out. Otherwise pretty complete, 3.73 axles and tow package.

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

theres one in Tucson going for 450. Thats not the one you bought is it?

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I hope to find the same deal when my kids are old enough. Right now they're 8 and 4.

<font color=red>Sure your Durango can go any place I can go, (if I hook a strap to it).</font color=red>

4. azblazor

Jim,
    No - it was in Phoenix, found it in parts section of classifieds. Some guy had put a small deposit on it before us but he didn't show at the appointed time. So we got next shot.

<font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Cool deal[​IMG]. You and your son gonna build it? I want to do that with my boy. I've been keeping an eye on an another '75 that's been sitting for sale for over a year now. The guy wants too much, but I have a feeling he'll come around one of these days.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Sounds greaat...... Hope the engine isn't dead....

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

7. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

FWP, was in Prescott on Wednesday to look the country over. Man, looks good offrading country as well as living. Spent 5 days in Phoenix area visiting relatives and checking out AZ. You have a very nice town there. We're still thinking of moving down your way. Wife had meeting at college in town so I tagged along.

87 K5, 427BBC,D60 & 14BFF, NV4500, NP208, TSM disc's,

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Damn....sounds like the same one my buddy and i were gonna try and nab...looks like you beat us to it!

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

9. azblazor

We went there the day after Thanksgiving. Apparently a lot of people were after it. We were there for about a hour between looking at it and getting it loaded up. He must have told 7 people on his cell phone that it was sold, and two that stopped by to look at it. The guy that had put a deposit on it the day before had started to remove the transfer case and also wanted the gov-lok from the rear. Then he left and told the guy he would be back in 2 hours. He never came back or called. I don't know if he'll even get his deposit back, it was only $20 according to the seller.

My son (21yr old) is taking the 700R/208 and putting it in his suburban. He is giving his brother (18yr old) the 350 and TBI for his S10. My older son has plans to build the 87 K5 as a hardcore offroad rig, rockwells or D60/14FF, overdrive trany with a doubler, 454 FI. We'll see how the realities of income work out. [​IMG] He definately has aquired the disease so many of us here have.

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

And I would say you contributed mightily to that addiction to the boys.............good job!

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>