Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Made it back

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by akbound, Aug 16, 2005.

1. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

I just put over 3500 miles on the Blazer. I went from San Antonio to SW WI for just over a week. I put on a new fender, sanded it down, filled the holes where the side molding was, primed and painted it Krylon Desert Sand. It took 11 cans of paint. I am going to wet sand it and throw on another coat to get rid of the uneven spots. Pics to follow as soon as I get a battery for the camera.

I then went from WI to Ft. Knox, where my little bro is a SFC. I stayed with him and drove 90 miles round trip for 5 days while I attended a conference in Louisville.

The drive from Ft. Knox to San Antonio (1070 miles) took me 15 hours. The only good thing about 3.08 gears and 32" tires is the ability to drive at illegal speeds and turn sane rpms.

My engine rebuild now has over 6000 miles and I couldn't be happier. I can keep up with anyone on the interstate and I got 14 mpg over the 3500 miles.

Left knee surgery on 30 Aug, so pushing in the clutch will not happen for about 2 months.

I hope all was well with everyone while I was in backward-a$$-country fook land for 2 weeks without internet access.

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Welcome back :thumb: