Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Made it home again... 2nd week added

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 21, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

After taking me one whole week to get ready and leave... I finally left.

Put a new motor in the Blue Blazer and fired it for the 1st time... July 11th
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    July 12th...Then loaded the 454 in the back of the Blazer and hauled it up on a 100 mile trip to put in the Crew Cab.
    [​IMG]

Got the motor in and running July 14th...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Drove back to Spokane Thursday night July 15th with 3 foot straight pipe for exhaust.

Got loaded up and left on Saturday morning July 17th at 2 am.
    [​IMG]
    After a few stops along the way, got to Redmond, Wa. and met 4xrick and Trcksr4me, then headed south and several hours later met POWERMAD, swapped some parts, then over to Vancouver and dropped off a frame for jekbrown (who probably thinks I've never backed up a trailer before in my life).

Kept on driving and made it to Lincoln City, Oregon at 1:00 am July 18th...
    (whoever designed this town did not intend vehicle setups longer than 40 feet to be driving around trying to find parking spaces or even turnaround points)
    ...and eventually parked in an empty lot and slept in the 'ole camper. (which started looking like my garage at home).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Visited my 89 year old aunt (I'm her youngest nephew at age 23),
    [​IMG]
    saw the Pacific ocean, then saw 4x4s being trailered south... so I followed, and watched a mud drag.

Then at 5pm, headed back north.

Met Mudhog and Muddytazz at a Home Depot parking lot in Portland... though I didn't get a picture of us parked there and our "illegal dealings". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif (Security says you can't swap parts there)

At about 12:30 am July 19, made it to the Paradise Inn parking lot on Mt. Rainier in Wa. and slept in the camper. Woke up to a clouded over mountain.
    [​IMG]
    Got to Moses Lake the next afternoon July 19, and picked up a truck I'm buying, then got back home that night, at about 8:15 pm.
    [​IMG]
    No mechanical problems... motor ran fine... not bad for getting a sudden 1200 miles put on it in within 5 days of being put in. http://community.webshots.com/album/165424315DmbBPK

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Re: Made it home again... (too many pics)

Nice pic's.
    That Mount Rainier Nation Park area is some nice country. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Cool drive. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Dude, you are one of my favorite members, and you do amazing things, including long runs right after engine swaps and all of that, but you are, undoubtedly, king caveman.

Hail hail , here's to your dedication!

5. mountainexplorer

I'm keepin' that unibrow nice and bushy... just for you. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. mountainexplorer

Re: Made it home again... *2nd weeks pics added*

Finally found my camera and got the pics off it from the 2nd week of my 2 weeks off.

July 10-19 already shown...
    July 21: Unloaded '84 Chevy off trailer...
    [​IMG]
    Took apart the 454 shortblock I got from POWERMAD...
    [​IMG]
    Loaded up a good 454 in the back of the green '76 Chevy...
    [​IMG]
    Drove the green '76 Chevy loaded up onto the trailer, also loaded up with pallets... fixed my tail lenses...
    [​IMG]
    ...drove up north to Ione...
    [​IMG]
    July 22, Pulled out the blown up 454 out of the Orange blazer...
    [​IMG]
    Had the locals "Indian Mike" and "little Mike" pull the 465/205 out of my '80 GMC, pulled the worn 465/205 out of the orange Blazer...
    [​IMG]
    Put the good 465/205 and 454 into the Orange Blazer...
    (this is the 6th motor Ive put in the Orange Blazer, and the 7th thats been in it since I got it).
    [​IMG]
    Gert it fired, and find out the clutch isn't working. Stupid me got in a hurry and threw the disc in backwards. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    July 23rd... morning, as family/friends are arriving to camp for the weekend, I pull the tranny and T-case back and flip the clutch disc around.
    Got it running enough to pull my nephews Jeep out.
    [​IMG]
    But not running good enough to drive itself through. It stalled right here and wouldn't start.
    [​IMG]
    Then I gave up on vehicle stuff after the starter kept acting up, and when I did get it running, it ran like crap.

Spent the rest of the weekend with relatives/friends... but lost the camera, so didn't even get any human pictures the whole trip through July 25th.

Oh well.

Vaccation is over. I've been stuck back in the normal daily routine of things since July 26th through now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It was fun while it lasted.

Next year I'll strike it rich and have my own TV reality show. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Yeah right. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif