Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Made some cuts for half doors tonight

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 22, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OK, here is my plan. Take the current doors and cut them down to a "frame". The local upholstery shop is making door skins out of black vinyl and the clear windshield material like are used in jeeps and the blazer soft tops. They will snap into place just like a tonneau cover and fold down for the half door effect. I am going to reinforce the door frame and weld in 2" metal tube for rigidity...anyway here is what I have done so far...I hope my visibility is improved /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

http://home.mchsi.com/~big85blazer/halfdoor1.jpg
    http://home.mchsi.com/~big85blazer/halfdoor2.jpg

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

oh yeah, i would say visibility is definitely improved. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Are you going to put some sort of Supports in the OPEN area? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Looks TITS...

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am going to reinforce the door with 3/16" steel, then weld in some 2" tubing so it gives it the tube door look.../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Sounds good thats what I was wondering. Glad to see that your doing something different then the rest. I need to take some updated pics of my 1/2 door project. Just don't have as much time.