Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mag-Hytec and LE 607 gear oil

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Oil Man, Jun 22, 2000.

1. Oil Man

Oil Man Registered Member

Apr 25, 2000
    Here is some information that I thought you guys might be interested in. I just found out that an e-mail was sent to Mag-Hytec from a guy in TX that has a 1995 suburban. He lost two rear ends because of high temps (272 deg F) while using the GM 75w140 synthetic gear oil. He put the Mag-Hytec rear end cover on and used the LE 607 petroleum oil (33 times less wear than Amsoil 75w90 synthetic) and the temp went down to 200 deg F while pulling his trailer. (5500 lbs) and never got above 232 deg F while towing hard with a 25 mph head wind in 3rd gear at 60 mph with an ambient temp of 90 deg F. This shows how much the Mag-Hytec cover and the LE 607 gear oil will keep the temps in the normal area and help the gears to last. Mag-Hytec 1-818-786-8325 or www.mag-hytec.com

Sincerely, Kevin
  2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 1999
    I have the Mag-Hytec covers on my 90 Blazer and can honstly say these things are very high quality - and they look cool too. I bashed the 14-bolt cover on a rock out in Moab and had no problems with it, (just took a small divit out, covers are very thick) I also run LE gear oil in the diffs.