Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mag-Hytec's LE lubrication

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OneLeft, Aug 15, 2001.

1. OneLeft

OneLeft 1/2 ton status

Mag-Hytec\'s LE lubrication

Does anyone here use the Mag-Hytec's LE lubrication products? I have a LOT of money tied up in my engine and tranny, and I want to use the best products I can to keep them in top shape.

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Re: Mag-Hytec\'s LE lubrication

I think Steve (Mr. CK5 himself) uses LE's gear oil in his axles.
    As far as engine oil goes, as long as the motor's broken in, a good synthetic like Mobil 1 is great. Be sure to use a quality filter like NAPA Gold, AC Delco Ultraguard, or Purolator PureOne. DON'T USE FRAM!! Change the oil & filter regularly and you'll be A-OK.
    As far as (auto) trans fluid goes, use a name-brand Dexron III, change the filter and clean the pan, oh, let's say every 20k mi, and run a trans cooler. For a manual trans that wants gear oil, I'd run a quality synthetic and change it every 20k mi.

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch-black...
    [​IMG] <font color=green>Semper Maintenance!<font color=black>

3. OneLeft

OneLeft 1/2 ton status

Re: Mag-Hytec\'s LE lubrication

Hey Thanks. The engine is broken in, but is quite young. I have been running Mobil 1 in it (after break in). I also have been running Mobil 1 Trans fluid in the 700R4. I had read the info about the LE products and figured I would start asking and see if its something to change over too.