Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Magazine Coverage of Big Bear trip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kennedy, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Kennedy

Kennedy Registered Member

Okay,

This sounds like a trip for me!
    How many trucks are going, where are we meeting, and do you mind if I bring my camera along?
    We need more full-size trail action for our pages so this could be perfect for me. I'll be out of the office for the weekend, but let me know what the date, time, and place are going to be, and I'll shoot it for a three page story in the magazine.

Thanks,
    David Kennedy
    Feature Editor
    4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine
    kennedyd@emapusa.com

David 1989K5

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yes, you are most welcome!! I have wanted to see more full size trail action in the magazines for a long time! This would be great! How sweet would that be to get my monthly magazine and see my truck in there!!?? I have several good pics that I have wanted to send in to the magazine, maybe get into Readers Rides or something.

As of right now, it looks like we are between the 20th and the 27th...seems like more people are leaning towards the 27th, but we will see. Sounds like we will be meeting at the Walmart in Highland at 7:30-8:00 on either of those Saturday mornings. Last time I checked with Blazen91 he said that we had 5 confirmed, but I am sure more will be able to go on the 27th, should be a decent sized group!

3. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

it will be great to get some full size coverage. Hopefully i'll be able to make it.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Thats cool, are any of you guys going to have ColoradoK5.com stickers on your windshield? [​IMG]

Steve
    [​IMG]
    1990 K5 with stuff

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Kewl deal with the full size coverage! Hay why not plan to come out east for Dixie Run at Tellico late sept early October? Us southern boys like big trucks. www.sfwda.org will have the details.
    Also If you haven't read the latest United Voice a few guys form are area are planning on a month long trek across the country hitting every 4x4 Meca on the way ending in Moab. One of the Guys is a driving a K5. Last time I saw this K5 it was on 44's. I also awarded it Most Dents at the Southern Summer convention 2 years ago. The other a Scout and the last is a Dakota all on +35 inch tires. Some people go to Europe after finnishing school these guys are going Wheeling. This is mid May to Mid June.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

its about time we got some coverage. You are the man!

--matt
    shaggyk5: 85 Blazer, 6" lift coming soon!

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

7. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

So far its set for the 27th,Now where innstalling blazen91's 4"lift on the 20that least thats the plan so far .Im meeting with him in the morning .

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am planning on going, but the k5 is still without a t-case, so I can't say for sure.

Brian
    84k5
    [​IMG]

9. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

THIS IS COOL!
    Steve- I don't have one on the wind sheild, because toybox off road fills that spot. But I have one on my light bar on the front and one on the gas can on back.

Have we decided on the 20 or 27th yet?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think we decided 27th, I haven't heard anyone vote for the 20th.

Brian
    84k5
    [​IMG]

11. coopertwpk

Brian the pomona swap meet is next weekend there was a guy selling Tcases for 85$ he had a couple of 208s and acouple of 205s last time on dec 3 I think .He said he would be out there on the 13th.

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm....sounds like a good deal....where exactly is ponoma?

Brian
    84k5
    [​IMG]

13. coopertwpk

Sorry its In Pomona at the La county fair grounds

14. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Sweet, I don't work that day! As long as the funds hold up and the Marines don't give me something else to do, can I still come?
    Can someone tell me how to get to that parking lot in Highland? I'm coming from MCAS Miramar in northern San Diego. Thanks.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by AJMBLAZER on 01/05/01 11:30 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

15. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Take the 15 north to the 10 west to the 30 north. When you see the 330 turn off to Running Springs, go north to the Highland off ramp and turn left. You can't miss it. It is right at the end of Boulder. I'm not 100% it's a Walmart, but it is a shopping center.
    http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com
    Not FROM the people

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by blazen91 on 01/06/01 00:14 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

16. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

This sounds great. I checked my calander and am free for both dates so just let me know and I'll be there. Maybe we will see my bone stock 70 in the mag........LOL I am sure there will be other K5's that will be more picture worthy, But I am still there for the fun and friends.............. I think I need to order a sticker pretty damn soon to get it on by then, you think? Got to go get the old K5 all ready for the big trip. See ya.

[​IMG] Born to Drive My K5 [​IMG]

17. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I know it is still 3 weeks away, but I'm pumped!! Built a set of rocker bars, steering box brace and front diff. gaurd over the weekend.
    At this point I have the following confermed, aslong as nothing changes:
    Kennedy
    kpanza+1
    mybeast
    coopertwpk+1 maybe
    84k5
    AJMBLAZER
    californiak5
    If any one else is coming please let us know. The weather is cooling off, so might get a little snow[​IMG]. I posted an url of a map above. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.
    One other thing is that the San Bernardino Forest Department requires a forest pass on all vehicles that are stopped. I am sure we all be stopped at one time or another. The passes are $10 for the day or $30 for 12 months. I went one time without one and got caught and the fine was $10 (the price of the pass) As long as I did it within 15 days of the ticket. So if you want to chance it, you can, but I suggest getting the pass.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Not FROM the people

18. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I just bought Adventure Passes before the New Years holiday, mine were $5 each?? Maybe they upped the price...but I saw a few Rangers out there, so it is smart to get one, plus it helps them keep the trails open. Places like Sport Chalet and some other stores carry them, so you can get them in advance, that would be the easiest. I am confirmed for the 27th, and I will most likely have my brother come also in his CJ5. We might be going up this weekend to do some snow runs, if we do, I will let you know.

Also, YES, it is a Walmart there when you get off at Highland. It is right at the base of the mountains, so if you start going up you have gone too far. Just turn left onto Highland Ave and you will run right into it. Also a Burger King and some other shops there...

19. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

The price of $10 was back in Nov. Maybe they came down, I don't know.

If any one who does not have a pass, needs me to get them one, let me know. I can get them, but make sure you show, because they are not returnable.

Not FROM the people

20. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to say that I have my ColoradoK5.com stickers ordered and am trying to get the 31 year old K5 as ready for the mountians as I can with the limited funds available. You guys don't mind helping a stocker along if he needs it do you?
    This is going to be fun.

[​IMG] Born to Drive My K5 [​IMG]