Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

magnaflo mufflers or flowmaster or gibson

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueKnight, Mar 14, 2002.

1. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I was at an exhaust shop one of my accounts and they suggested magnaflow mufflers instead of flowmaster or maybe gibson. Can you tell me anything about it....

2. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I just put 2.5 inch 40 series 2 chamber flowmasters delta flows on mine and it is alot quiter then the old 40 series 2 chambers that are on my blazer. go with the flowmasters.
    Colin

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Daniel, mine is Hedman headers into Catco cats into 40 series Flows...........I like Flows. Not sure why some say they're too loud, maybe its due to the cat converters, but they sound good.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go with the flowmadsters /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have magnaflows on several of my vehicles. The 650Hp K20 and the Impala SS and the 2500Hd with the 8.1. And also the 2 S-10's.

They are great IMO.. The come with a lifetime warranty and they sound great. They have a straight through design. No baffles.

Just my 2 cents
    John

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have 40 series 2 chamber dual exhaust no cats on my newly aquired 78 K10. They are a little louder than I would like when I take off from a stop, but they are quiet on idle. I think the new "delta flow" technology in the flowmasters helps smooth out the sound at higher rpm's so they might actually sound good all the time, but I have no personal experience with them.

BlazzinOR, I love that "TPI inside" sig pic, that's very original and /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I run the MagnaFlows Muff (3") and their SS Hi-flow cat. I really like it. Personally, I'm not a big fan of loud exhaust, so that's why I didn't want to go with the Flowmasters. These Muffs, produce a nice deep rumble sound...perfect for me.
    I was "told" that they flow better than the flowmasters b/c of their straight through design as well.
    Boss

8. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I took the orig. flow masters off one of my k5's, and replaced them with dual gibsons. I had the gibson catback on my other k5.

the gibson catback sounds good, and is quiet. the dual gibsons are quiet, but the sound like doggy doo doo.

if I had it to do again I'd either go flow master 50's if I was dualing it, or the gibson catback if I was going single.

9. I run the single Gibson cat-back. Sounds good, but I installed a high-flow cat converter with it, and its probably louder inside than it would have been without the cat converter.

10. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

don't know what to tell ya there... I have no cat's at all on either k5. I removed em cuz we have no emissions here.