Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maiden Voyage......FINALLY

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Jan 8, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Sep 18, 2002
    Well, after parking my blazer in storage for a year, taking it out and "ck5'n" it for another year and I am now road/offroad worthy!

Have you ever worked on something on your truck and then drive it around carefully waiting for those funny sounds that mean you fixed something wrong?

Well I did all below before truly tested it out with a nice long drive 50 mile drive.

- new carb
    - new intake mani
    - d60, bearings, brakes,lines
    - 14 bolt, gear change, bearings brakes, lines
    -steering arms, pitman also,
    - steering column(used)
    -new interior,
    -roof rack
    - 38" tsl swampers
    -shocks, of which one is still hanging in rear till i figure out how to attach to 14bolt
    -new distributor, wires,plugs
    -por 15 everwhere
    -heater core change
    -vacuum modulator (thought the head was bad, but this fixed that small white smoke issue!)
    - lots of headaches, questions, headaches, questions

I had taken truck on test runs around block, but never drove it farther and long for the whole year.

Report card:
    No leaking. LOTS of squeeking. Need to tighten alternator belt. No smoke. New lift is firm, but much better than blocks. Rear shock needs to be attached. Getting a vibration from front shaft(too short).
    Nothing fell off on the road or freeway. Did get a bit hot
    after about 40 minutes of stop and go driving, but still started with little hesitation(checking timing and fluid levels). Need to connect temp sensor wire back in engine to monitor actual temp.

Feels good to be back on the road with her, now need to tear it up and make some new roads /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
  2. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Sep 17, 2003
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...Feels good to be back on the road with her, now need to tear it up and make some new roads /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a plan! Enjoy.