Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maiden Voyage

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by bottomfeeder, Nov 8, 2004.

1. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I took my K5 out for her first trip ever, to Crown King, this past weekend. The plan was to drive in the front way and leave the back way. I kept having a miss in the motor on the way in. After we got camp set up, my friend noticed, one of the plug wires touching the header. I relocated the wire and all is good. More than likely an arching issue. Motor ran strong after that. It rained Saturday night and all day Sunday. Made for some fun wheeling. On the way out, we started early, I drove for about an hour and a half before I realized I wass going the wrong direction. I ended up just past Coal Camp on a shinny little trail which had fallen trees across it. I knew this was not the right direction because 1. The tress looked like they have been there for a while. 2. The back way is travel too much for some trees to have been sitting there for that long. 3. At one point, I was driving on single track. 4. I don't remember any Coal Camp the last time I went through there, Last Year.

I thought I new where I was going. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Apparently, I do not. I left my map at home too. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I will have to make a day run of it one off these weekends. Other than that , I had a good time. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

I would still like to take the Blazer out for a little more challenge one of these weekends. Anybody up for it?

Rich

2. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

where do u want to go on your next trip, i may be up for it.

3. bottomfeeder

Some where close to town. Driving any distance in the Blazer is some rough riding. The 4.56 gears don't help either. I have not been to any of the Table Mesa area or Sunflower. I just want to see what the old girl is capable of.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

How about florence Jct Sunday ? Its a little closer than Table Mesa /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bottomfeeder

Florence Junction? Where in Florence Junction are you talking about? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have been to the various places in the Florence area.

6. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

This is the wheeling trip Paul is talking about. Lots of great trails from easy to hard. As always everyone is welcome on the trails. If you don't want to risk damage to your truck there are always open seats. Hope to see you there.

7. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

come join us. im taking my dd /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. bottomfeeder

Looks like I am probably in.

I was going to head out with a group from another forum to the same place on the same day. We should see a bunch of Monteros out there.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif