Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mail in rebates suck.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Col_Sanders, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

When I do mail the damn things off (about 1 in 10 of the times I get the offer) I dont ever get the money because of something stupid.

I FINALLY got a check in the mail from Sirius yesterday. A year and a half after sending the crap in!

2. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I always get screwed on those stupid things. I always miss the "must be in the original envelope.." or stupid things like that. And instead of a nice check I get a letter saying sorry you're a dumbass and get nothing.:haha:

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i wub da rebates. I get PC **** all the time with them... and probably 80-90% of the time I get my $$$ back. I scan/keep everything I send in for my records an am super stupid careful that everything is filled out right and included. Seriously... I check and double check like a dozen times for one rebate. Works for me. :)

j

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I'm still waiting for $65 rebate from Dell,and that was about 10 months ago. :rolleyes:

5. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I can't count the ones I didnt mail in. Missed my 2 new phones, washer/dryer, camera. Too many to list.

The one from Sirius I initially forgot to send the UPC from the receiver box. Got the letter saying I was an idiot and forgot to send it. Didnt feel like messing with it. About 6 months ago got a letter about a class action lawsuit against Sirius because of the rebate. Then yestreday I got a check. The money will help with gas for my move next week. Good timing I guess.

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I got screwed on some rod/reel combos. They were on sale for $15.99, with a $10 mail-in rebate. I sent them off and my envelope came back as un-deliverable, the addy did not exist. Sumbitch. I double checked the addy, and it was right. Oh well, they were cheap enough already. I've been using and abusing them for a few years, I'd say I got my $$$ worth, I still feel a bit burned, though.

7. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

If that's the case, then unpaid federal taxes swallow :D .

8. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Rebates on retail stuff is just their way of sucking you in more.

LOOK AT MY LOW PRICE (including rebates)

They know that the large majority of them don't get sent in, and of the ones that do they can reject them for a variety of reasons.

Same with gift cards. Retail places love gift cards. I saw some statistics a few months ago saying that over 60% of giftcards never get used, and less than 15% get used in full. Expiration dates and lazy people are their friends.

Fortunately, our state pass a law saying retail gift cards cannot expire. They hate that. But it doesn't stop them from telling you that you can't use the card because it's expired. It's a huge hassle to get them to follow the law.

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Nothing surprising here.:haha: I never even bother to send the damn things in. I don't buy much stuff that has them anyway.