Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mail order recommendation?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ymatt, Dec 3, 2001.

1. ymatt

ymatt Registered Member

Can anyone recommend a mail order parts company that should stock all of the following? ('78 K5):

Starter motor stuff - pinion, brushes, etc. (or a rebuild)

10 bolt front & 12 bolt rear diff cover gaskets

Raybestos 'Brute Stop' front brake pads

Rear wheel cylinders

Set of bleeder screws

I need a recommendation because this UK lot are messin' me about again. I tell ya, they need a damn good ass whippin'!

Summit are excellent, but they can't get ALL of this stuff, and I'd prefer to get everything from one place because of the various charges for an international order.

Thank you!

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Where in CA are you moving too?

As for the parts, price around. If you end up finding the stuff but they won't ship to the UK I'm sure someone (myself included if I can help you out) would be willing to buy the stuff, pack it up and let you know the cost so you could send the cash. Then it could be sent directly to you. It might save you some money or allow to get some parts you might have a butt of a time getting.... might be worth checking into.....

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

4. ymatt

ymatt Registered Member

Thanks Dan; carparts.com looks great, and they have all the bits I need. Yeah, I thought bleeder screws were included with new wheel cylinders, and you've just confirmed that.

Stephanie - SoCal., probably reasonably close to LA; I still have to find/decide on a place yet.

About the parts, that would be a good idea; that way I'd avoid the excessive fees that I normally have to pay when the stuff gets here. If you don't mind, I might take you up on that offer; I'll e-mail you.