Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mail Order?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RiceDaddy, Apr 4, 2003.

1. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

Well, I finally scraped together enough cash to buy a lift kit for the Blaze. I'm gonna get a Tuff Country 6" kit. I'm considering buying through mail order. There is also a relatively close (one hour away) truck shop that can order the same kit and I can pick it up for about the same price. What are the pluses/minuses of mail order vs. buying through a local shop. The shop wants a $200 non-refundable deposit to cover their butts when they order it.

What do you guys think?

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

in the end you end up with the same thing, and keeping that guy happy-and in business means he will be there for you to ask questions, buy parts in future. if something is wrong, he would probably just swap you the right part instead of waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

About the only negative I can think of for buying locally would be the sales tax. If they can match the price with tax included then buy local.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

If the local guy will price match (shipping vs tax) and come close in price, I would go that way. It's always nice to have somebody in person when if problem happens.

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i have a whole pile of parts i ordered thru summitt and never ended up using, but after 90 days i cant return it...
    little things like a real nice holley fuel pump, but it hits my motor mount....got it in advance, engine took longer than i expected...its a real pretty paper weight though...

if its about the same, go local, cause more than likely its an enthusiast that owns the place