Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Major BRAIN DUMP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by unsane, Dec 5, 2002.

1. unsane

unsane Guest

Where does the SMALL wire coming off the positive battery post go? Please help Ive lost my mind!!!!! Last thing before starting new motor for first time....

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Mine doesn't use it (aftermarket cable, has a connector already in place) so not sure, sorry I can't help!

Curious though, yours has a wire that actually does go to something? Wondered what used that. Perhaps straight to the alternator on the later ones?

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

My "small wire" (16 gauge) from the battery to a fusible link then it goes to a juntion box near the back of the engine bay. Here all my other harness connections hook up - including the alternator.

Good luck.

4. unsane

unsane Guest

I am beging to think this has something to do with every thing electric, no fuel from tbi , no headlights , to interior lights WTF. any body know where it goes on ana 89?

5. unsane

unsane Guest

I know i am an idiot but could someone please tell me where ths wire goes

6. I think TopOff is right. I just looked at mine and it looks like that's were it goes, although I can't confirm that 100% since mine has been rewired with a battery isolator.

7. unsane

unsane Guest

IT goes to the alternator......THanks for everyones help though