Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Major Brochures update

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Aug 13, 2004.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I'm closing escrow on my house in a week, so apparently as a way to keep myself busy I've been scan-scan-scanning... well, that and I found a network scanner with an auto sheet feeder at work /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I redesigned the navigation to the Brochures pages, hopefully it'll be a little easier to get to stuff and get around.

I'd love for y'all to try out the beta version at http://newbrochures.slosh.com.

Obviously if it works well I'll move it to the regular URL.

I have a BUTTLOAD of stuff from 1977, as I went digging through boxes (thanks Doug / K5 NUTT!) and found I had an entire album of dealer training material, for instance.

Lots of info on trim packages, options, colors, radios, RPO codes, pricing, etc etc etc. I've also started adding stuff for pickups and other trucks as well as Blazers and Burbs. (Other trucks includes El Caminos, vans, and larger P- and G- series, plus some medium duty BIG mommas!)

I've added many hundreds of pages this week, so if you have a minute, check it out, and lemme know whatcha think. If you have issues, feel free to shoot me an email from the page, or PM me here.

Thanks!

-- A

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fun reading about the late model stuff too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Great site!! I needed a couple goofy details on some parts I am hoping to adapt into my big orange yard ornament and found the answers in a matter of seconds. Great resource you have put together there /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif!

Keep up the good work!!

5. dremu

Thanks for the good word, all. Those of you who've used it, do you find the navigation more or less easy?

I started playing with SHTML's, so I had a bit of fun /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

6. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't remember navigation being difficult before, but I had no problems this go-round. I feel it is laid out in a very easy to understand format. The only thing that I wish could be done is for a two page picture to be displayed on one page when it is opened up, instead of alternating back and forth to see the whole picture in your mind. That would probably be a bitch to do or require the pics to be smaller which would not, in my opinion, be a good trade-off. Other than that minor detail, I have no suggestions to make it better as it is great the way it is /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

you rule /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif 77 stuff rocks(i have a 77). Articles are great also

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. dremu

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't remember navigation being difficult before, but I had no problems this go-round. I feel it is laid out in a very easy to understand format. The only thing that I wish could be done is for a two page picture to be displayed on one page when it is opened up, instead of alternating back and forth to see the whole picture in your mind. That would probably be a bitch to do or require the pics to be smaller which would not, in my opinion, be a good trade-off. Other than that minor detail, I have no suggestions to make it better as it is great the way it is /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I get pissy about the 2- and 3-page spreads, but as you say, the images would prolly hafta be resized.

I'm running 1280x1024 on a 21" monitor, so they looked fine to me, but when I tried the initial version of this on 800x600 ... well, it sucked as the pix were too big /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ...so I had to resize all the images to something a bit more useable. I don't even want to think about shrinking them more... but I do want to keep the info available to folks with older systems (and slower connections, thus the image compression.)

Always tradeoffs.

Anyway, I'm glad it's easy to use. Great fun doing it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

9. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif very nice setup, alot of info and cool old pics.