Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Major Headline from LAPD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Whooptie Doodoo..................

[ QUOTE ]
    Copyright 2004 MediaNews Group, Inc. and Los Angeles Newspaper Group, Inc.
    Pasadena Star-News (Pasadena, CA)
    September 29, 2004 Wednesday
    WORLD NEWS
    232 words
    LAPD chief passes test
    So, William Bratton is a cop after all.

The chief of the Los Angeles Police Department was certified Tuesday as a California peace officer after passing a state-required test administered to all police officers in the state even a chief who earlier headed departments in Boston and New York City.

Jim Edison, a coordinator at Fresno City College Police Academy, said Bratton received a perfect score on his shotgun test and a near-perfect score with his Glock 9mm handgun.

Earlier, Bratton dispensed with a 100-question test on California laws.

"It's a rewarding process, but I'm also glad that it's over,' said Bratton, who prepared by spending early mornings on the firing range and weekends studying law books.

As for his celebrity student, Edison said Bratton "was better prepared than most of the people who I see come through here, and that's dozens of people from out of state every year.'

The chief, who took charge of the department in October 2002, said the training gave him a deeper appreciation of the rigorous level of training required of his 9,100 officers.

The state Legislature in 1998 passed what is known as the "Willie Williams law,' requiring out-of-state police chiefs to receive California certification. It was named after the former LAPD chief from Philadelphia, who did not complete the requirements for California peace officers.

Associated Press
    September 30, 2004

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

...adn that's why we alll hate CAL IF ORNIA

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Being from So Cal, LAPD cops exist/survive in a hostile (extremely) environment. Gangs are
    abaolutely rampant down there. They are one of the best police org's(pure opinion) in the country.

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

at least he passed something... hellofa lot better than WILLIE FROM PHILLIE who was a fat pompous bunghead...
    I am SOOOOOOOOO glad Im outta there...

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    at least he passed something... hellofa lot better than WILLIE FROM PHILLIE who was a fat pompous bunghead...
    I am SOOOOOOOOO glad Im outta there...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read a little about this new guy, and he seems like he has half a clue, but then again I don't work out there.

Actually, I was baiting someone for another asinine remark since this dumb redneck is certified in CA.

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

One of the locals here that I work with a lot, his cousin is LAPD and unfortunately, I still have some urge to work there, but with the way things are going here, I may not need it.

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. camiswelding

bubba,,, get a brain,,,
    you know I hear this comment from all my buds on smaller pds... how they itch for the action and the city and the career opportunities that a bigger department has,,,
    and if you didnt have a good job where you are and were young enough I might consider it....if you have more than a couple of years where you are forget it ( I left maryland State Poleece after 3 years to go to LASD...but I was also only 22)

BUT... what you get with a big city SO/PD is

pollution up the ying yang
    bungholes EVERYWHERE
    traffic you cant imagine... well I know you know
    and living expenses SOOOO expensive you burn up that extra 40-60k you make a year just living the lifestyle...

I try to tell my buds...
    you work in a small department where people actually know you..
    you work in an area people actually wave and its not the third finger

your patrol area cant be reached in an 8 hr shift
    (When I was at west hollywierd it was only 1.9 square miles, 500 thousand people/15 radiocars...it still took 20 minutes to get from one side of the area to another)

Your call volume is low enough you can actually investigate something to conclusion...not just run from call to call (thats fun for about five years then you realize Im banging my head against a wall that wont move or get better)

that my brother is priceless....

LAPID RAPID? all my buds there say the admin BS is a total drag and gives one an attitude...(Most LAPD coppers get this tude after 3 years)
    Id say.. count your blessings and at the end of 25... you wont be burned out mentally and physically...
    walkin da beat is the same... everywhere...
    and anyone who says it isnt probably is one of those bungholes I referred to

The S/O up here hires laterals all the time... it might be fun to work for...pay isnt the best compared to cali standards but the area would be fun... especially if you already had some experience shaking dirtbags.... and the area is still nice to live in...

signed
    yo play daddy

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You saw the decision I made, I still have the urge but will never follow it up. And yes, I do agree with you, running from call to call would only be good for a couple of years.

I'm almost perfectly content where I'm at now.

8. camiswelding

besides bubba ray... we like your war stories... we dont want REAL ones!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Not only that, it's nice to know that someday I'll get yelled at by somone I've talked to on the internet in person for speeding.
    Kidding.
    Glory is nothing but a story that won't be believed anyway.

10. camiswelding

almost anything?
    almost pregnant
    almost dead
    almost rich
    almost wed...

zen brother zen... chant "Im a happy lil soldier " as you drive around on em shift....

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    besides bubba ray... we like your war stories... we dont want REAL ones!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I told you that was a secret........... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I don't see anything wrong with the "idea." Lord knows our brass could use a refresher on how to do their job.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't see anything wrong with the "idea." Lord knows our brass could use a refresher on how to do their job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the point. Point is big whooptie do cause thousands and thousands of people do it every year.