Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Major interior repair

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990Blazer, Dec 18, 2000.

1. 1990Blazer

1990Blazer Registered Member

I recently looked at a 1986 GMC Jimmy. It has a nice body and a straight frame. However it needs a new tranny, and possibly a new motor in the near future. The inside is TORE UP! Needs new armrests, new carpet, a bunch of little odds and ends, armrests, power window switches bla bla bla. He wants 1800 for it, is it worth the repair as a project? Compared to buying an 89 in nice condition, these cheap indian guys wanted 7500 for it. And it wasnt even close to clean. Also is there a catalog for these parts? I know they have complete catalogs for chevelles and stuff like that, but how about for the Blazers? And what are the costs?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Interior work is expensive, let me tell you firsthand. I've been restoring a 75 Firebird for the past few years and the interior is the most costly thing yet. Of course, Fbird interior parts are a little more expensive than Blazer interior parts, but they are still expensive. I'm expecting to spend well over $600 for the interior. Thst price sounds a litte high for the 89 and the price of the other one sounds high too, considering that it needs an interior and tranny.

[​IMG]http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

All depends on how much you have to replace, as some parts are spendy, and what you call expensive [​IMG]. Did my whole interior (not counting the $800 Flofit seats) for about $1000, new dash pad, carpets, underlayment (padding), new side panels, dash bezel kit, etc. Pretty much a completely new interior. Worth every penny too.......

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com