Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Major news from CK5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, May 29, 2003.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I saw it this morning. I think all of the changes will be good and it will create a more tightly knit, family atmosphere. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a feeling that The Garage will be a busy place. Will the Bluebies follow-up on the threads they read in the other forums by starting new threads in the garage....?

How many paid members do we have now?

Good job with this site Steve!!

4. CK5

Could be a newbie would see a post in another forum and post again in the garage where they have access, yes. We have over 800 Members right now.

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I missed something somewhere, will non-members be able to read all the forums and not reply or just have access to the garage?

John

6. CK5

Yes, they will be able to read everything they can now.

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

damn. the garage is my "stomping ground" oh well.

8. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I have a question, not to start a flame thread since I'm a "blubie", not exactly sure why my name being blue means I am new to wrenching or computers...but I digress. 25$ a year pays for the forum access, other than the bandwidth and modding what do the receivers of that $$ put into the forums? The members are the ones providing all the info, answers, and tech stuff. Why have them pay to do this? I know this is a rhetorical question since this will be done and I will probably send in my 25$ when I get it and don't have to choose between yet another forum membership or a floorpan for my rig /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This was the start of it I guess.

clicky

If you read through that it should explain things a little better.

10. CK5

[ QUOTE ]
    not exactly sure why my name being blue means I am new to wrenching or computers

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's not what it means at all, it simply means you are either new to CK5 or you choose not to join; that's it and thats all it means.
    [ QUOTE ]
    other than the bandwidth and modding what do the receivers of that $$ put into the forums? The members are the ones providing all the info, answers, and tech stuff. Why have them pay to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Because this is a business now and it's how I choose to market said product, but it is also a great product and a great atmosphere and I believe the best on the net, trust me you will get your moneys worth.

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

$24.95 ? It's not a potato peeler.... I liked $25 better....

Anyway, good deal, thanks for the effort

12. CK5

That was part of it, just about every HOBBY website that I have been on has to beg borrow etc. in order to make it, and certainly we had to do that here, but why not go pro so to speak and make sure CK5 is around for a good long time.

Also, read the following, might make more sence why a fee site is better than a free site:
    Why are most of the forums Membership only?
    We’re proud to say that we have one of, if not the best GM 4x4 communities on the Internet on our Membership-only message forums. This is not because of the quantity of users – although there are hundreds and hundreds of regular posters, it’s the quality. The problem with most "free" Message Forums are that they are occupied by too many simpleminded individuals who are more interested in arguing with and attacking others, while making the interactive experience counter-productive for the rest of the participants. Not only are our message forums void of these types, but our forums also consist of an incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly group of enthusiasts. Many members, in fact, have told us that access to the message forums was worth the price of Membership alone, due to the stimulating, intelligent, and helpful conversations that go on there. To our pleasant surprise, the community on our forums has over the last few years become a close-knit family, and we invite you to join it.

13. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a question, not to start a flame thread since I'm a "blubie", not exactly sure why my name being blue means I am new to wrenching or computers...but I digress. 25$ a year pays for the forum access, other than the bandwidth and modding what do the receivers of that $$ put into the forums? The members are the ones providing all the info, answers, and tech stuff. Why have them pay to do this? I know this is a rhetorical question since this will be done and I will probably send in my 25$ when I get it and don't have to choose between yet another forum membership or a floorpan for my rig /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you like to sell stuff you need to pay in order to do it on this site, or post in the wanted section etc. I tried to join one time but my pay pal wasnt working or something and have been too lazy or busey to get it going. I guess I need to spend the 3 minutes and do it.

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

All I can say is "I love this place!!" I signed up as a "USER" in January hen I was getting back into 4x4's after 10 years or so. I actually WON my membership in one of the monthly drawings. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. There is no way I could have found out the info I have learned so far without having found this site.
    And yes, the members here are very helpful and don't tend to bash people unlike most other boards.
    Well worth the $25 a year!

BPB

15. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

The experineced people around WILL save you $25 in the sharing of their expereince and knowledge. If you can't "save" yourself $25 a year by lurking here, I hope you can find the gas cap for your rig /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I go out of my way to help out a fellow memeber. I even give better prices to memebers vs. bluebies. That is because memebers are down for the cause. Thier resolve is not in question. and usually that speaks highly of their character as well.

16. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

Three things:

1) This is an Awesome Site, and I was glad to pay $25 for full access to it. I have already saved far more than that in parts purchases alone, and the info I've gathered was worth quadrouple that as well. I probably haven't even been a member for a month yet. Well worth every penny, have had excellent support for every site-related and user-related question answered right away. Couldn't ask for a better administrator.

2) Great community here. In a month I've probably talked to maybe 50 great people and only 1 jerk. That's an AWESOME ratio for those of you not used to internet BBS communities. Again, well worth $25.

3) I hesitated to join at first and finally did so for the info and parts search alone. I NEVER join anything that is 'Members Only'. Personal Problem of my own, nothing to do with ColoradoK5.com at all. Maybe this is the hangup some people have with paying to join? Maybe not. If it is, I'm a die-hard Anti-Members-Only type of person, and I am happy I joined. For what it's worth.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Cheers,
    Scott

17. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Steve I know it's been asked but is there anyway that we can get the e-mail notifications of replys to our posts back? That was the BEST feature and it makes it harder to keep track of what is going on now without it. I know I am not the only one who wants it back either. Let me know. Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

18. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

its like... a mission statement.....
    i like it.
    grant

19. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

one reason i dont mind paying 25 bucks is the member discounts, i just saved 40 bucks from http://www.azkickin.com for just being a ck5 member! and other members here hava saved me over 500 dollars once by teaching me how in person to change my t-case seals. i would gladly pay $25 for that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Steve I know it's been asked but is there anyway that we can get the e-mail notifications of replys to our posts back? That was the BEST feature and it makes it harder to keep track of what is going on now without it. I know I am not the only one who wants it back either. Let me know. Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

[/ QUOTE ]

When you reply, there is a checkbox that says 'Add this thread to my favorites.' Check it and then in your personal settings you can toggle a box that says something like 'Send notification emails for replies to my favorite threads.' It's in your 'My Home' somewhere. I can send you more detail if you need it.

Cheers,
    Scott