Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Major Rant, Crooked Cops, Seething Mad, American JUSTICE? System???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Nov 25, 2006.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

All-

I haven't posted for a long time because, well quite frankly, I have been dead. I was dead for almost 2 years. I came back from the dead recently due to, depending on your belief system, either a Miracle of God, or if you believe as I do, a cybernetic implant in my chest controls the Vegas Nerve in my brain, and through cutting edge technology it regulates my brain chemistry and, God Bless Technology, with the lightening fast calculating power of probably a Pentium 6, although I've been dead so long I don't even know if we've reached Pentium 6 yet. I walk through Best Buy and I don't know what half of the **** there even is. I used to work in a technology field, and am now obsolete, friendless, my life left me while I was sick, and I only days ago got reasonable custody of my children. My Baby Girl is 3, Boy 6, and my Son remembers me vividly, our play, wrestling on the floor, jumping Hot Wheels, etc. He's so happy to have me back. My baby girl was only a tiny infant when I went sick, and I am a stranger to her. It breaks my heart. I blinked, and went from having a beautiful family of 4 to living alone in a dump struggling to regain physical strength enough to even walk out and get the mail. My body has atrophied so badly that it will be a couple of years before my body returns to kick-ass shape, and the cybernetic neurosurgery will not completely heal and/or give me the full benefit it is capable of for as much as 5 more years. But. I. Am. Alive.

When you come back from the dead overnight, and go from being a vegetable in bed to a perfectly normal, living, breathing, perfectly self aware and interactive human being, let me tell you, people freak out. Nothing has changed from the days of burning witches in Salem. People are afraid of me. Only a few stuck around and/or kept in touch to see how I was doing, and even they are freaked out by my overnight recovery. I have 3 people who are comfortable around me, who understand the procedure I went through, and don't want to burn me at the stake or stone me out of the village. It's like the twilight zone man, the look on old friends' faces, a look of disbelief and fear, and though my personality hasn't changed, they seem to think I'm a clone or twin brother or something. It's very hard to rebuild after something like this. My Wife had written me off, and was just waiting for for me to kick off so she could move the new boyfriend in and move on. Can't blame her. She took care of me for 2 years. When I told her, "In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer...", I meant it, and years ago there was a 3 year span where I not only took care of her extremely radical post pardem depression, her psychotic abuse of me, worked 40 hours a week, and was the primary caregiver for our newborn son for over 6 months. She took that long to bond with him. Luckily, I'd been to every parenting class there is, read book after book on newborns, etc, and was prepared to be a Father who changes diapers, not just a dude to bring home a check and expect dinner on the table. She's really sorry about all of this, but she's in love with someone else, and now it's one hell of a mess. There is no way in hell I will ever let another man raise my children as if he were their father, and I have nothing of material value, no money, nothing to fight for my rights with. My wife allows me visitation with the kids, but the healthier I get the more time I can spend with them, and soon I'll be up to par for full 50/50 and I will have ruined her new marriage plans. She hates me for this. I was dead. She moved on. I understand, although it rips the heart right out of my chest.

All of that to tell you the background on my life situatio, because once you're dead and come back to life, you have a whole new appreciation for life!!! I drive slower, although I drive a 97 LT1 6-speed Camaro SS with some mods and it is FAST!!! Cops love it. They love to get that big old "SS" on their ticket book.

Last night I was taking the kids home and tried a shortcut that somebody told me about. I got there only to find that I needed to go left, but it was right turn only with a median. So, I went out into the left turn lane, so I'm now parallel with oncoming traffic and need to make a U-turn, but there's a no U-Turn sign. So I went down a half a block on a side street, did a 3-point turn, and as I approached the stop sign to turn right, this cop comes at me like I robbed a bank. Almost hit my car, stopped traffic in front of me because he was nose to nose blocking the flow of traffic. WTF??? I just sat there because his lights were blinding me and I didn't know what the hell he wanted or where to pull over. I finally opened my window and threw my hands in the air as to say, "Now what the hell do you want me to do, dumbass?" He finally came over the loudspeaker and told me to back up and stay on the curb. I did as told, he came in behind, and within minutes there were THREE more cop cars on the scene. He was a complete ass, a total powertrip, fresh from the academy, gonna save the world one-man gun slinger, a hall monitor with a badge and a gun. And it's probably a good thing he called for backup. I was polite, but quickly found that he was NOT going to let me explain anything, said he was going to cite me for illegal u-turn, and my plates were expired. I had another ticket for expired plates from last week, and that cop told me I had 60 days to take care of it, go to court, and they would drop it. This cop told me no cop would have ever told me that, I was a liar, and that I could not legally drive the car on the road although I did have insurance and inspection.

I was livid!!! I never got a word in edgewise, and this guy was chewing my ass in front of my kids. I finally spoke over his puny little voice (he is a tiny little **** like one of those yappy little dogs that doesn't have enough sense to run from a doberman...) and said, "You got your ticket, you got what you want, you are now demeaning me in front of my children, and I will NOT tolerate another word!!!. I was mad as hell and it was the first inclination that I was going to fight back. He immediately looked at the ground and told me to park the car and call for someone to come get me, and that if he saw me driving the car he would take me to jail. Over a U-Turn??? I was blocks from my house. He said 2 of the 3 backup officers there saw my illegal u-turn, but that wasn't possible because they didn't arrive for several minutes. Plus, the sidestreet I did my 3-point on was a residential section with 12 foot hedges on both sides. This was a total and blatant corrupt cop, or cops, and I was livid. I said, "You want me to pull to the curb so you can then arrest me for driving the car on the street after you told me not to. I wasn't born yesterday pal, and I ain't falling for it. Get your buddy over here to authorize my movement, and walk along with me as I go to the curb.

Emergency, have to go, kids in trouble, will continue rant. Much Much Much more corruption to discuss. This guy is major trouble. I've already found 3 people with similar stories in my neighborhood, and I don't get out much, but he's a city cop, and I have a good lawyer, but Xmas money is for kids not lawyers. Will explain in great detail later but have to go get kids now.

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

well its a good thing not ALL cops are like that, im glad to hear you're back in the world of the living, and your story is a sad one to hear, you are not obsolete, your previous knowledge is, but you got to where you were by learning, not sitting on your duff, obviously, so go get'em and email me back, will ya? lol take care man

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That's one hell of a rant all right. I'm on the horn with 911 requesting medical response for my eyes................................

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Seems like if I was given a second chance I might smile a little more and piss off cops a little less.:rolleyes:

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

haha hell i know thats right... probably woulda still hauled azz on that security guard though

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:doah: I gave up about the second sentence...

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Don't worry fumes, I'm on the horn with the 82nd Airborne right now trying to get an emergency deployment of paragraphs to this thread ASAP.................

8. cbbr

Short version - dead, came back, wife left, got visitation of children, made an illegal turn with said kids in hod rod, got chewed by cop, blames cop, got lawyer, had to go, be back later to blame cop more.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

:D :D :D

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

11. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm still trying to figure out the illness, bionic aspect of it... :crazy:

Never got to the cop/lawyer part.... :doah: :haha:

12. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Well I would be interested in hearing your side once you cool down. I to was at the gates but given a second chance. You see I WAS A COP and I took a 9mm point blank in the chest. But this is about you. Cool down and tell me the state and what type of cop. Time of day type of road area residential commercial drug infested.....

The plates in Ohio expire on your birthday and thats it for that. Most cops will either cite you or tell you to park it. All depends on your Driving record and attitude. Now I am not sticking up for the cop so PLEASE do not think that.

I offer a point of view most don't get because as a cop we keep our feelings to our selves. But I will try to help you in anyway I can. Heck I towed a guys car once because he had a cracked windshield just because he used to woof at us in his car.

I used to have a 1980 Z-28 all jazzed (bought it new) and got stopped a few times then when they saw the badge let go but I was wrong a lot of the time too speeding 75 in 55 zones rolling stop right turn on red.

The street set up sounds like Michigan's Telegraph road.

BTW Since my look at the final thought. I take life a little slower and live each day as if it was my last. I enjoy things as if it was the first and last time. We are but a small glint in the fabric of time we are here but a flash. Each and every one of us strives to matter to someone. All any of us ever really want is to matter to know we made a difference. To know I mattered.

So live like you are dying and love deeper, speak softer and learn to forgive.

13. cbbr

Bubba must have missed that day at the academy.:D

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: our new editor:bow:

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it does sound like telegraph. michigan u turns.

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks man. The long version was starting to give me a migraine or something............

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

That day we had an option on what block of instruction we got. It was either that or "Proper Excessive Use of Tasers." I chose the later for obvious reasons:D

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's pretty wild what you went through. Sorry to hear about your wife, that's got to be pretty hard to grip.

I would let it go on the cop thing. Get your registration done and let it go. Don't let something like pride be your priority when you have bigger worries. Explain to your kids that cops are regular people, and just like regular people, can be jerks sometimes and don't always behave right. If you broke the law with an illegal manuever and improper documentation, then you really don't have a lot to go on anyway. Even if you're 100% correct and the cop is completely corrupt, ask yourself if it's really that important to you. Is that what you want to spend your time fighting for, instead rebuilding your life?

20. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You know there by the Bone Yard and the Shell!

mmm BBQ
    [​IMG]