Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

major tire carnage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrider_44s, Aug 8, 2004.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

here's the carnage for a comparison thats a size 12 shoe beside the pile
    [​IMG]

and the result of the mess
    [​IMG]
    after watching the rain fall for a bit and not being able to do any renching on the truck with out getting soaked i desided to run a few sipes in the tire as well
    [​IMG]
    well hopefully they'll work a lot better now /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what tire groover did you use? Looks real good /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. highrider_44s

i borrowen one from a local tire shop i used to work at
    i don't know the brand name of it but the blade heats up and just melts through the tire /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    and the siping i did with a utility knife /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

looks sweet.

now if you can just glue that rubber back on the tire when it wears down. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay neat. Looks really good, make sure you report how they work now /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. highrider_44s

[ QUOTE ]
    looks sweet.

now if you can just glue that rubber back on the tire when it wears down. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    went mudding today and wow i really noticed a difference
    it threw a lot of mud /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    and on the trail ride the other day i did most of it in 2 wheel drive with hardly any wheel spin and i haven'd even aired down yet /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    i cant wait to drive in the snow with them hopefully still got some tread left by then /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif