Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Major work needed I think, help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by istallion88k5, Mar 9, 2001.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Last week I started getting a real bad vibration sound when I let off the gas on the highway, thought maybe ujoints, but then it started at lower speeds, then at an almost stop you here clicking as the drive shaft spins. Then last night, put it in 4 wheel to see what it would do and got the most god awfull sound when I turned left like the wheel was going to fall off, I know I needed new bearings but jeeze would it make that bad of a sound?

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

possibly...you might also check your brakes. I would be worried about the front drive shaft, front axle, or the transfer case and maybe even the front diff. There's a lot of things up there that can make noises!

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i had the same prob...it ened up being a bearing in the front...i smoked the spindle and the inside bearing...if i were you i would pull the front hubs off and check em out...and give em a little fresh greese..

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

4. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I know the brakes are good just got new rotors and calipers few months ago and all is tight. But I do have grease coming out on my damn rims from behind the auto hubs so I realize they must be shot but the noise just bothers me. Have to take all that crap apart in the cold sucks too.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Check your auto hubs. When mine went out they would engage and disengage whenever they felt like it.One would be in and the other would be out. They made all the noises and vibrations you describe too. I replaced mine with manual superwinch hubs and everything's been fine since

6. windrider

windrider Registered Member

My auto hubs started clicking and banging. The locknut on the wheel bearing came loose. I'm replacing the hubs anyhow.

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

it kinda sound like a wheel seal...if grese is comin out the back of the hub..that is more than likly the prob..

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"