Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Make fun of my motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, May 2, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

So I originally was going to paint it a similar color as the rig it's going in. Which was a reddish color. Then decided the block would just be black. Then didn't want to take time to paint the heads so they stayed Cat yellow. Topped off with some Chevy orange valve covers I got at last year's swap meet.

Who cares... it will all be brown in 2 weeks anyways.
    [​IMG]

2. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i think it's fine, and it'll be brown soon like you said. but if it's really buggin you, paint it all cat yellow. i think that would look cool.:laugh:

3. bigkennye

bigkennye Registered Member

well, cat yellow is cool, or chevy orange like mine, lol, but of course i have the chrome valve covers and air cleaner.

4. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Does the unusual paint job cause the engine to make measurably less horsepower or torque? If so, change it. If not, don't worry about it.

5. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Looks good to me! When I built my big block, I spent the time to paint everything really nice. Yellow, as a matter of fact, to match the truck. It sure looked purty, sitting on the stand! The first trip out with the new motor in was a mud run. I cleaned it all back up, but that motor has never looked good since! Now, after 2 years off mudding and trail rides, you can't tell by looking at it, that it only has less than 5000 miles on it!