Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Make it stop!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Some dude is "warming up" his car right outside my window. Late eighties/early nineties Ford Thunderbird supercoupe (V6 supercharged). The whine from the supercharger (going bad) is highly irritating. Like ripping my ears off level.

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

MMMmmmm, early nineties supercoupe... Fastest I have ever driven was in a 92, going 130 MPH racing a honda accord down the PA TPK. Fun times. Also distinctly remember coming around the corners on I-95 in Providence RI (big concrete walls on both sides) doing 90 in that car...it felt like if you farted the rear end would come around and you'de be dead. I think that moment was the most "in-tune" with a vehicle I've ever been...right one the edge. It was great, but would never do it again.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Rt 95??

Nooo!..not the deadly "Thurbers Ave." curve on 95 in Providence!..:eek1: :eek1: ..

I had a bad experience there once about 30 years ago...rear tire came off the rim on my friends 68 Delta 88 with a 455 in it going about 95 mph ,just as we entered the curve!..we left scrape marks for 1/4 mile on those cement walls!...and sparks were flying everywhere!..we drove it on the rim to the next exit,thats NO place to try changing a tire!...we ground a huge hole right thru the right rear quarter panel,and ground the side of the bumper right off flush with the body too!..and were lucky to be alive too!..

As for people annyoing me by warming up their engines,I don't have too many problems with that..a lady across the street drives a school bus,and warms its diesel engine up at 5:45 am,but I rarely hear it!..I figure my 6.2 would annoy anyone within 1/4 mile of my house if I ever started it up early in the morning,but I rarely do unless its snowing and I need to plow before it piles up too deep..you can hear that thing a mile away...:p:

What DOES annoy me is moronic neighbors with yapping dogs that wont STFU at all hours!...some people should NOT be allowed to have dogs,if all they have them for is to tie them to a tree and let them bark,bark,bark all day and night,and ignore them..:mad: :mad: :mad: ..I love animals,but I've been tempted to pour some gas on that mutt and light it,after being driven insane listening to it for several hours...:angry1: or perhaps its owners should be doused first..:weld: ..wish they'ed buy it a muzzle..:crazy:

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got an a$$hole neighbor who owns the trailer park beside me. Whenever I fire up my Shovelhead, with straight 2 inch drag pipes, none the less! I point the exhaust at her house and fire the mother up, rev and idle till it smooths out. Course it's got a bit to much cam so it has a mean idle!!! Ain't I a stinker? :p: She damn sure is!!! :mad:

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

People in my complex have made a few comments about me warming my truck up in the morning, too. It's not like they come right out and complain, but they'll say things like "Geez, you were up early to go icefishing yesterday morning" or "Those old trucks sure pack a punch, eh?". :rotfl:

That's one of the good things about living in Canmore- everyone is so polite they won't risk saying something to offend you. And I fit right in, don't you think? :whistle:

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

How often do you have to tell yourself that? ;)

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Every day, brother. Every fockin' day.............:doah:

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ahem....*cough*pics*cough*shovelhead*cough*

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Chop fodder.......................
    [​IMG]