Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

make your own speed bleaders!!! mabey

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Dec 7, 2003.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i was thinking of an idea for speed bleaders, if you were to get a good submesable pump (there tougher) with threaded inlet and outlet fit it to 1/4" hose about 8-10 feet, then split it useing good compression clamps and fit the other ends to you open bleeders. then bungee, or clamp the pump near the master and feed the outlet hose in to the reserve, turn it all on and (with plenty of extra brake fluid on hand) wate for no bubbles. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Sound good? any one know why this would be stupit or what?
    P.S. a good pump to use would be 500-700 gph this would never quit and would be able to create a good amount of suction. the whole set up would be about 75 bucks at the most. Or should i just shut up? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif let me know dave in canada

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well, dave in canada, go buy yourself a mityvac for 30-50 bucks depending on model and accessories and be done with it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

cool, never even looked into them, was just thinken, thanks

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Good idea just a little pricey! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

yes it was...and yes it was...the mityvac is a good, fairly inexpensive tool if you dont have a son/daughter/wife/friend/etc to pump and hold the pedal for you...

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Hey Darkshadow, where in Canada you at? I'm in Sk.

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I bought a $14 vacuum pump from Harbor Freight to do my r134a conversion on my s10. With a few extra fittings (a valve and nipples), a jar, and some hose it will bleed brakes in a hurry. Only problem is that when you suck the fluid out the bleeder you often suck air around the threads of the bleeder so you will never have "no bubbles" comming out.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Well rustbucket I am in southeren ontario, and how can you have rust bucket for you name nothing rusts out there it too cold to use salt! my 4x4 buddy got a 1950 chevy 1/2 ton only made for like 6 months ( something specel about the windows) off his family farm thats been sitting out there for a good 40 years and it only hase a little serface rust. i am trying to convince him to do a solid axle swap it would be great to that truck out on the trails and in the mud!