Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Makes you think a little...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, Apr 2, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

http://community.webshots.com/photo/82569246/129515810QyowDh
    About how much we all take driving for granted. I have done some stupid ass things in/with a vehicle (I'm sure most of you have too) and have been fortunate/lucky enough to never have anything happen as a result. She was doing nothing wrong and was even going UNDER the posted speed limit. How the hell she is still alive is what the paramedics/rescue team cannot figure out other than someone was definately watching over her! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Evertime I look at the pics, especially the one above it kinda makes ya think a little...

2. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

dam. what the hell hit her? <font color="blue"> </font>

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

going down the road, spun around 180* and hit a telephone pole. They think someone pulled out in front of her and she swerved to miss and spun around in the opposite direction when she tried to correct. She doesnt remember anything right now...and no one really saw anything other than the car wrapped around the pole. Basically facing opposite the direction she was going. It was along a dirt field and there was a driveway where they figured she started spinning. The driveway is used for the field workers to go in and out of.

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Is this someone you know?

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

You Californians certainly have a flair for wrecking stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is this someone you know?

[/ QUOTE ]
    yes yes.. just WHO is SHE?

and who is on third?

grant

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's what she gets for driving a Honda I guess.......... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's what she gets for driving a Honda I guess.......... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    go away ford boy, what if that was his wife, sister, or mom... be gone ford boy /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    go away ford boy, what if that was his wife, sister, or mom... be gone ford boy /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What if it wasn't... no one died... I won't leave... Honda's blow... they attract big things trying to kill you as you can see in that pic...

no one in my family has owned a Honda... we have yet to have anyone be in a serious accident like that... coincidence? I think not... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

man cap what the hell is wrong with youi. This woman could be in the hospital for all you know. Would you like it if someone you loved got in a really bad wreck and I laughed at it. I used to think you were an alright guy but I guess I was wrong.

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I used to think you were an alright guy but I guess I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get the wrong idea here... We all know I'm a great person... But what if she didn't buy that Honda? Would she have even had that wreck? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I don't remember ever saying I hope the bitch was dead... I'm just saying maybe she should've thought twice about the Honda... and I was laughing because Branndon overreacted... again...

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've never owned a hedgehog, and I am still alive.....

See you at your funeral dogmeat

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

See ya there... you can read my eulogy /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I used to think you were an alright guy but I guess I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get the wrong idea here... We all know I'm a great person... But what if she didn't buy that Honda? Would she have even had that wreck? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I don't remember ever saying I hope the bitch was dead... I'm just saying maybe she should've thought twice about the Honda... and I was laughing because Branndon overreacted... again...

[/ QUOTE ]
    how dumb does someone have to be to say "thats what she gets" which implies you agree that she deserved to get in an accident because of the letters on her car. it was totally un-called for, maybe if you said something along the lines of "my heart goes out to the driver, but i've always hated hondas" but no you go and be a inconciderate jerk. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Can I have the hedgehog?

My Comment On The Topic - I have no concern for strangers lives, just like everyone else, it only matters if I know you or someone who knows you. "Oh don't make fun of the Honda driver" Yeah then go support the reckless laughter of random people in the middle east. Whooooo! I'm not saying be wishy washy, just pick a goddamn side

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how dumb does someone have to be to say "thats what she gets" which implies you agree that she deserved to get in an accident because of the letters on her car. it was totally un-called for, maybe if you said something along the lines of "my heart goes out to the driver, but i've always hated hondas" but no you go and be a inconciderate jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very dumb apperantly...

I guess I could've said, "My heart goes out to the driver, but I have always hated Hondas."

But then, would you come back and insist that I'm an Inconciderate(/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif try Inconsiderate) jerk because I have this thing against cars that get good gas mileage? Would I be an [darn] because I personally prefer to burn as much gas as I can than get 5000 mpg?

Don't tell me you're one of those eco-nazis now...

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

YES!!!!!! Mr. Joe's got the right idea and knows exactly where I'm coming from... at least it looks that way... Just didn't want to say it because, ya know, I have to think what if that was my sister's cat's first owner's grandmother's sister's best friend's great granddaughter's dad's uncle's third daughter? How would I feel then? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

First off to say that is what she gets for driving a Honda....thats about the most inconsiderate thing you could have said. I've seen big trucks have the same thing happen. If a big rig flips over at no fault of his own and smashes/kills the driver....should I say thats what they get for driving such a heavy vehicle? Fawkin idiot.

Yes, I know her, sorry I didnt say it in my first post, guess the way it was said didnt imply that. It is my girlfriend.

For those that asked:
    She is alive and doing well. It was about a month ago. No serious injuries really...considering what could have happened. Especially since I spoke to the paramedic that arrived on scene first and he said when he walked up to the car they thought she was dead until she started gurgling.

Broken (OPEN compound fracture) phemer (sp? I guess the most painful and biggest bone in your body to break...the bone that goes from your knee to your hip), 6 fractured ribs, fractured pelvis, fractured collar bone, and numerous cuts and bruises. Both eyes looked like they were about to explode..basically looked like someone took a baseball bat to her eyes. That was from the sunglasses getting smashed into her face. But I guess thats what she gets for wearing sunglasses when driving huh? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

They put a titanium rod with a couple pins in her leg. Everything else will be back to normal. She is a strong person and will be fine. When she first got in, the doctors said it would be months before she would be out and could walk again....she was home in two weeks and limping around with a walker /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Just alot of pain and cant do anything really. It will be a long process....but she will be fine. This is probably one of the easier things she has had to deal with in her life /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I didnt post the pic to get negative feedback or for people to feel sorry for her. It was simply to say that so many of us take take for granted everyday driving. So many of us have done stupid things in vehicles, and nothing happened. Here she didnt do anything wrong, and look what happened. She should be here today, but she is. Some of us may not be so lucky.
    Drive safe, and dont take so many things for granted, before you know it, it all may be taken from you! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Way to go- a guy posts something that should make you think and instead you choose to turn your brain off. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

PM me when you turn 10 years old so I can send you a birthday card. In the meantime, look in the dictionary for the definition of "couth". Now add an "un" to the front of said word to see how you appeared when you posted the above comments. You may think you were being funny but trust me when I tell you that it did not come across that way at all. Start using your head, Cappy.

90blzr- Glad to hear that everythings gonna be okay. Thanks for sharing this ordeal with us. If it makes one of us think twice before taking a chance on the road, your contribution will have been worth it.