Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

makin progress!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUPERSUB87, Oct 21, 2006.

1. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

so today after school i ditched the football game and worked on my sub... and i have one question. on my front springs in the rear of them i was torqueing (sp?) them to the recommended 100/120 ft lbs.... but it was squishing the bushings so much that they were actually beginning to overlap the sides of the shackle... and i was no where near 110 ft lbs.... the front was fine... but is this normal. it is also moving the rear of the springs more in... its bending the shackle the further i go...:crazy: i loosend it up and pounded on the spring and checked to see if it was tight and snug and there was little vibration so i thought it should be fine.... but other than that it was a solid day for working. got the stabilizers on... pulled the axle (again) and tomorrow i plan on finishing the rest of the lift now that most of the frustrating stuff is out of the way... (thank god) then sunday im thinkin bout putting the body lift on so ive got a fun week.:D then i can get the exhaust in and get the tires mounted on the wheels. oh, and fix the powersteering, and the gears, and fix all the gauges, and find a new dash... and go junk yard shopping for some new barn doors... or... how hard is it to convert the rear doors to the lift gate version????

2. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

dont wast your time on the body lift unless you dont plan on goin any bigger. save your money for a real lift kit