Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Making a few runs..anybody need something hauled--updated

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddog, Jun 10, 2005.

1. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Ok. I am making a few pick ups and deliveries and will have extra room. Actually a lot of room on one trip. Dont like hualing empty, and very small fees if any, Just depends on weight, time etc.

the ones below i dont have an actual date yet...just sometime in the next 2 weeks

thenNE Michigan

going up with an empty 40 ft trailer coming back with two blazers but will have room for some fairly big stuff, even a small car.

then...i have a trip to Tucson ,AZ

again going with a empty 18 ft trailer and bed coming back with a truck on the trailer.

then SE Missouri

Going out empty 18 ft trailer and empty bed...coming back trailer will be full, but will have an empty bed. Could possibly pull the 40 footer down if someone needs a truck or sizeable load hauled back.

post up or pm me if you need anything hauled

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  2. hillbillyfx4

hillbillyfx4 Registered Member

I've got a truck in Pepperell, MA, about an hour North of Boston that would love to make a trip back with you. I'm in N. Texas, I could come up to KS to pick it up.

Will you have the space?

How much would I be looking at?

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not far...

My town is about 50 miles from Manchaug MA..I have a few GM parts left for sale from my K20 if anyone needs them...The 400 small block,NP205 with a TH350 adapter, driveshafts,custom dash with tach,interior parts,whats left of a 73 K10 frame,seats,a suburban rear seat,etc...

I sold some stuff to a guy in KS(maple city?) a few weeks ago,and he wants the pair of steering knuckles off the 73 K10's front end(so I'm considering them sold,already removed them..!)...not sure if he might be interested in having you haul for him instead of UPS.. :confused: not sure if he reads the lounge posts...

I also have another 71 K10 front axle with flattop knuckles too,3.73 gears!..a rotor and drive hub missing on one side...I'd much rather sell theese parts cheap to someone who needs them,rather than scrap them...too many good trucks and parts got wasted already when the scrap prices shot up a while ago....now its only 50 a ton,dropped 40 bucks in 3 weeks.. :frown1:

Peperell is not that far from Manchaug--I'd guess about 50-60 miles...its about the same distance as I am from there...you can get there in an hour fairly easy,as long as traffic is moving..I grew up near there,its a nice little town(at least it USED to be! :blush: things might have changed a lot since I lived near there)....

4. hillbillyfx4

Yeah, seems like a nice enough town. The in-laws live up there, so I've only been a couple times. I grew up out west, so it's a whole different style of living than I'm used to. We took a couple hours one day, just driving around looking at houses and farms. Totally different types of buildings than I'm used to.

The truck, BTW, is a 95 f150 regular cab short bed 2x4. They've been trying to sell it, but it seems you can hardly give away a 2wd truck up there. The clutch is going/has gone out on it, and the best offer they've gotten as is has been $1k. They're going to let the wife and I borrow it for a couple months so that we can save up a down payment on a newer car, and then I'm going to sell it down here for them. To have the use of a vehicle for transportation costs and a new clutch seems like a good deal to me, and we'll be able to get them a couple thousand more by selling it for them.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup ,2wd not very hot sellers in MA....

I hear ya on the 2wd being a hard sell in this area..there are tons of 2wd trucks around here--but it seems nobody wants one when its time to sell them--I have a 79 C10 in decent shape,and was thinking of selling it so I can devote more attention to my 82 K20,not having a job and no cash is a factor too,I dont really need 2 trucks(especially the 2wd)--but I have had only 1 offer over 1000 bucks--I feel its worth at least 1500 after looking at similar trucks at swap meets for sale(most of the ones there selling for 2500 and up!)....I'm going to a few antique truck shows,I might have more serious buyers there--most people looking at trucks on front lawns are not expecting to pay over 1000 I guess..

There is a glut of cars and trucks here--so many,that its hard to sell one for what its worth...and the number of trucks I see getting scrapped for no good reason,both 4x4's and 2wd's here is sinful..many of the new car dealers near me send all the "trade ins" directly to the auctions or the crusher!--they no longer will sell someone a "back row special"...if the vehicle has any rot,or title problems,etc--it goes right to the crusher,and to hell with anyone who wanted to buy it for parts--once it gets to the scrapyard,most of the time it goes right in the crusher!--if you try to "intercept" it before they crush it,the yard will gladly sell you what you want--for 500 dollars or more.. :angry1: its not like it used to be... :crazy:

6. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

hillbillyfx4.....and diesel4me

Wish I couldve got to the internet sooner. I left KS on Monday about 3 am and all of the Flying Js I stopped at, the wireless was down :mad: so no internet, i am now in OH. If it is still there in about a month. I am making another trip to Jersey. Should have room again....oh and I would have had plenty of room. 10 axles dont occupy a whole lot of room on a 40 ft trailer :D . I will let you know when I am getting ready to head there again.

7. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Hey, if you are in North Jersey and somehow develop mechanical issues, lemme know. Would be more than willing to help out a brother!

8. hillbillyfx4

I knew deep in my heart that, while posting that, you probably weren't going to catch it in time. Ah well, day late, dollar short... story of my life the past couple weeks.

It'll still be there in a month, let's get together before your trip and set something up. I'll be more than happy to compensate you as well as I can for gas. It'll save me a ton as far as a ticket to fly up there and have to drive it back. If you want to throw some stuff in the bed of the truck to make more room on the trailer, you're more than welcome.

I sincerely appreciate the offer, as times are getting a little lean, and any help I can get makes it so much easier to get along.

[edit] I just realized you said that you were going to Jersey, and going to Pepperell and back from Jersey will add a whole nother day to your trip. I guess, let me know the next time you're heading closer to Boston and we'll try and work something out. I'd hate to make you go that far out of your way. [/edit]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  9. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

When I head back out I'll be around the 287/202 interchange (somersville?) I will be there a few days so may have to swing out anyway....Oh, the guy that I head out there for owns his own towing business so thats a bonus :D

10. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Maybe they can swing it down to Jersey.The place i went to in MA is only 4 hours from the spot in Jersey. I'll have more details on what I'll be hauling back in a few weeks. right now its one complete truck, 2 engine, tranny t-case combos, and 4 sets of axles, so plenty of room still.

also, 2 new trips coming up one to Tuscon, AZ and one to south east MO. will post maps soon