Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Making my own 14BFF spring perches....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Greg72, May 16, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I just picked up some 2.5" x 2.5" box steel (1/4" thickness) and some 3/16 plate steel so that I can make my own tricky-and-custom spring perches.

For anyone who's interested, I got the metal at Fremont Steel which is off Hwy880 just past the NUMI plant. Take your first left onto Industrial Rd, and then another left onto Industrial Circle?....or soemthing like that. It's a small cul-de-sac type deal and they are at the very end of one of those rows of small shops.

They are only open M-F, but they have LOTS of metal in almost any shape or size, and they can cut stuff down to size for you too.

I got enough metal to build two complete sets of perches for $34. Not bad.....

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

You go with your bad self /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You welding FREAK! Hey can you make a K5 out of scrap /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Greg72

Eric,

......I just might! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg, do they sell tubing there too? Looks like they have some good prices. Has anyone ever noticed that place off of 880s right before the Mowry exit. They have a banner reading "Accurate Tube Bending" and a phone number. Just wondering if anyone has contacted them to do cage work and stuff.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I've been to place Greg went,but never seen the one your talking about.

6. Greg72

Rod,

They had seamless tubing up to about 1-1/2"....I don't know enough about tubing (YET!) to know what questions to ask. I'm fairly sure that they don't sell Chromoly tubing though....

Once I get my tubing bender I'll have to learn all about it, but for now all I know is that Chromoly is the strongest and most expensive, and that "pipe" and "tubing" aren't the same thing! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif