Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

making new tires fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hank75, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

i curently have 33x12.5R15 geolander muds and buying 36x12.5 swampers. i have a 4 inch lift now blocks in rear. what do i have to do to get these tires to fit? shackle flip and 2 inch spring in rear to equal 6 inch lift? what about front how do i make that 6 inch for the new tires. or will they fit with trimming on front. i would like to get rid of blocks though. also one other consideration is there going to be a differnce using an 15x8 rim vs 15x10?
    thanks in advance for the advice. these are my winter mods done before summer fun starts. anything i have missed let me know.
    truck currently has 350(stock) th350 203 4:10 eaton posi rear part time warn hubs truetrac front

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

depends...if you get the truck twisted up good they will prolly rub but with 4"s you can do it with some trimming.

3. CrazyCoot

CrazyCoot Registered Member

I would highy recomend adding a 2" body lift. I have 8" springs front and rear. I still rub with 35's and trimmed fenders. I used to run 4" springs and 3" body lift and 38's with no rub or trimmed fenders.

What size wheel and back space?

4. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I run 36x 12.5 swampers on a 4" lift on an 8" wheel. The rear does not rub. The front would have ate the front fenders without some trimming.

Here's a pic

[​IMG]

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

what wheeling spot is that?? i wanna go next time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

sa-weeet looking rig too! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

SlickRock rd. Up off of 4 between lake Alpine and Union and Utica Res. Not very hard, but definetly nice view /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif