Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

making stencils or whatever for painting letters on truck body ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Mar 10, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i need to find out how to make or where to find painters stencils or whatever you cal them, IE decent size open middle type letters so i can oil base paint them on side of truck, different sizes ?

i know absolutely nothing about this stuff, and am zero percent artistic enough to freehand draft/draw block letters of any kind, am very horrible at that kind of stuff,

magnetic sign idea is bad cuz of thought of losing it or having it stolen, and cost having made, etc,,

i know what i need/want but no ideas how or where? no sign places here, cept for one small time one, and probably wouldnt be of any help anyways,

is personal self business advertising related that i am wanting to paint, something i thought of while i was at work last night, sometihng i should have done years ago,

what are my options? any creative ideas be great

pics of examples ? maybe theres somewhere online i can make block letters individualyl and print out and cut out and trace onto backer sheets from work and cut out from that ? i do work at a big printing factory, humm..

around 3" tall solid block type digits- maybe 2.5" and others smaller height beneath those., would be kinda nice to make them sorta italic or angled or whatever you call that ?

i have a real hard time with anything and everything in life if it has no technical or mechanical aspects

thanks

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

At the flea market a few weeks ago wife got the writing above the window for less than 20 and she put it on. A friend a work got sign in the same stuff made up the same size as the back glass in his truck with company name, numbers, and a logo on it i think for less than 50 but he had to put it on. You can ask places that do tinting about this. I don't know how your paint is but some of this will stick to a fairly decent paint job. And can be done in any color they have of the paper.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

stickers like you put on mailboxes or something? Can't you get them at wal-mart or somewhere?

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Ask Jeff427 if he can make you a vinyl stencil. I've seen on Overhaulin' where Chip makes a stencil out of vinyl, lays that on the body and sprays over the top of it then peels the vinyl off.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah, totally, get Jeff Lyons on the line. Just have him make you a sticker

7. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got some stencils at Office Max a while back. They had different sizes and it was about $3 for a full alphabet set. (They were heavy paper).

It was back in the artsy stuff by the drafting supplies.

8. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

9. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i agree w/ RJ and others who say get with jeff at lyonsdesign i think it will look best and be most functional as you could easily change it without having to repaint anything

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

He did my one man off road club sticker

[​IMG]