Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

making the neighbors mad.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

if this wont piss off the HOA i dont know what will!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ryan

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't see what they could bitch about the front of your house is prestine man...It dosent even look like you have any oil spots on the driveway...:wink1:

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

the k5 has been at my former employer for the past 6 months or so. no oil spots on the driveway yet, but plenty on the street where i used to park it.

ryan

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, the flag has got to go. :D

5. cbbr

You may also want to get rid of that kid that is digging in the trash. HOA's hate that. :D

6. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

nope the flag stays.

playing mr. mom today, looks like it may be time for some food. :D

he's a clemson fan too :D

but seriously hes been crying to go outside and play in the k5. must be my own flesh and blood :D

ryan

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I had mine sitting on the street in front of my house for the better part of a month, the friendly local cops received an anonymous tip that a vehicle was being left on the street in the same place for more than 24 hours (city ordinance) so I moved it to the other side of the driveway.

8. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

all i need now is an air compressor and fire up the air chisel and cutoff wheel.

:haha: :haha:

ryan

9. mikey_d05

The air chisel REALLY pisses them off. Especially since I have an oilless compressor that's very loud in addition to the already obnoxious noise.

I guess I haven't paid all that much attention to your threads, what is your setup/plans?

10. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

right now the setup is 52's up front with a zero rate, stock steering to move it off the trailer, 63's in rear from an 05 2wd crewcab, diy flip and switch, 6in shackles, and a 2 inch block to level it out. prob will switch to a set of 2 inch 63's. dana 60/14 bolt 4.56's detroit in rear. looking for either a 241 to put a sye on or try to come up with a doubler. 39.5x15x17 tsls or 42x14x17 iroks. making an expanded metal grille and a winch mount for the front. gonna cut the fenders like the tape looks on the fender. crossover and maybe a hydro assist if money allows. got a set of vortec heads and a roller cam set up and a choice of either a 305 or a 350 to build. thats the short list for now.

ryan

11. mikey_d05

I'd be interested to see how the EM grille turns out, I've been wanting to make one.

12. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

All I see is beauty. :D

I have my neighbors trained to being used to stuff that looks way worse and way more apart than that.

13. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i also need to have my garage wired for 220 so i can get a real welder/aircompressor, but ill prob use my buddies 110 welder to make the grille. i hope to have my garage set up for some work in the next couple of days, cause my new job will give me alot more time off.

as to building the grille, im trying to find a good deal on a winch, so i can make the bottom of the grille fit around it, or just find one to borrow to set up so i can fit it.

ryan

14. cbbr

Get a planer. Plane some wood. Sounds like a jet engine.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have you started trimming the fenders yet ?? I'd like too see pics of the progress.

16. mikey_d05

That's why I want to make an EM grille, to fit around the winch...that and the fact that I BUTCHERED my OE one.

17. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

as much fun as that sounds, i hate doing woodworking. not that i cant, i just hate it. my dad and i built a 26x40 garage in maryland about 5 summers ago. i got enough splinters to last a lifetime. not to mention having to carry shingles up onto the roof with a 21st birthday hangover. that'll leave a bad taste in your mouth.

ryan

18. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

nope not yet. all i have is air tools and no compressor. my sawzall needs a battery pack, gets about 30 seconds of cutting in before it dies. hoping to pick up an air compressor at the end of the month.

mine was in mostly one piece untill i set the old front springs on it. hence the EM grille.

ryan

19. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you had an aircompressor and 220 I'd bring the handy plasma over and fix those fenders real quick. Not alot of noise but you could use a 4" grinder and clean up the edges if you wanted too. :wink1:

20. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

its starting already! about 5:30 ish im out in the garage cleaning things up and i hear a car running. look outside one of my neighbors is stopped right in front of the house. she then picks up her cell phone and starts dialing. she pulls off as i give her a friendly wave. about 10 minutes later her husband comes walking around the corner and takes a look. i smile and wave and then he takes off walking real fast and looking pist. i bet money the town cops show up here before friday.

i love it.

ryan