Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Male Circumcision....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jun 12, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah I know, leave it to me to bring up the odd topics. Seriouslly though, those of you with boys, did you have them circumcised? If so, why? Can you give me factual information about the health benefits? I'm researching this topic and all I can find points to factual information that it does nothing but hurt sexual pleasure for both partners. And that it is just as healthy as long as you perform proper hygenic measures.

As I'm seeing, the creation was not some judeo religious thing, it was actually created to prevent masturbation. The idea was to remove some of the pleasure and curb the occurance of self pleasure. Jews just picked up on it and decided it was a good idea.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the origonal was for it to be more hygenic.

with the extra skin there, there could be a greater chance to infection or uncleanness.

it also came to be a sine of the covonat the jews had with god, but was later remove and no longer nessasary.

and no we dident do the snip-a-de-doda on diesel.

3. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

We did.

My wife and I have three boys and we had all 3 circumcised. We felt that it would be easier on for us when they were little to keep clean. As far as the lessened sensation I wouldn't know.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

see this is what most doctors or people will tell you, but all the research I'm doing is pointing to Britain in about the 12th century the practice was started to curb masturbation.

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

perhaps it was in the 12th centery CE, but i am talking about when it was given to the jew many centerys BCE

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

besides, that un-cut look is just freaky :eek:

7. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

Actually the practise has been around alot longer then that. I am not preaching here but according to the Bible (and weither you believe it or not is the most historicly accurate book there is) the jews did it as a convenant with God to show that they were God's people. and This was late BC times. Back then, it was done as a santitary measure.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

To no one in particular.........................

[​IMG]

:deal: :deal: :deal:

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Whatever it's origin, it's all aesthitics today as far as I understand

Some (slanted) studies actually suggest uncircumcised males are more prone to aids and other venerial diseases

So really, other than the afforementioned aesthetic thing, if you practice safe sex and good hygene, there's no real benefit and quite a bit of harm

Good news though, with enough tugging at it, you can get it back

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

sorry but this reminds me of the radio guys bob and tom. the song thay played one time call circumcision. it was all about that kind of stuff in a funny way.

and yes i am just a bit shorter than origanaly made.

11. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My brother and I agreed at the same time to have our sons circumcised. Why???

Must have been the time in the ER with our Grandfather as the doc and the ER tech were opening the hole back up!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

He was in a nursing home and they weren't bathing him correctly, and he didn't know better at the time.

Made the decision real easy.

12. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Had that done to. Yea, it is cleaner. Also, it does take away from the women and yourself...........then you get a few things pierced down there and its more fun then ever before!! :D Thats how it was for me anyway.

mike

13. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

According to the Bible it began with Abraham. When God made the covenant with His people he initiated this covenant through Abraham. He commanded Abraham to be circumcised, and also Isaac (his son) when he was 8 days old. This was a sign and seal of the Covenant of Grace b/t God and His people. Jesus later initiated baptism as the sign and seal of this covenant. That is why we baptize boys and girls today. And if I ever have a son he will be circumcised.

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the whole cleanlieness thing is over rated imo. It comes down to whether or not you want chicks diggin your sons junk or you want it to look like a little turd. lol!!!!

j

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I didn't have my son circumcised. Seems to me that all of the supposed "benefits" of circumcision are either bogus or so retarded as to be inconsequential. As far as I'm concerned the glans of the penis is supposed to be an internal organ, so I wanted to leave my son intact. Sure it may look funny to some people, but that's just because it's not "normal" in this country.

The fact is, circumcision was invented to prevent little boys from whacking off, which it obviously doesn't do. I don't even know why anyone in the modern world would want to try to stop their kid from whacking it anyways. It's a barbaric practice that should only be done when medically necessary, and those cases are extremely few and far between.

The comment about "making it easier to keep it clean when they're little" - the foreskin is attached to the glans when the the boy is a baby, it detaches naturally when they are closer to puberty, at which point they should really be washing themselves and will likely have no problem learning how to clean their naughty bits. It's not like it's hard to clean it; girls have parts that they are not supposed to be scrubbing vigorouly with soap too, peripheral cleaning does just fine to keep their parts clean. The foreskin of an uncircumcised boy is pretty much the same thing, it doesn't really require an special attention, just wash the kid's wiener like you normally would and everything is going to be fine 99.999% of the time. Nature put that extra skin on there for a reason, there's no way that removing it could possibly help.

Yes I have strong feelings about circumcision, my wife felt strongly about it the other way, menaing that she wanted to have Jack circumcised. I told her to look into it on her own so she could make an informed decision, since she wanted it done on purely a traditional and aesthetic basis. After researching it and finding that there is no medical benefit she changed her tune, and now when asked for an opinion whe will counsel people against circumcising their kids.

16. jekbrown

speaking of "bogus" reasoning. Kids just born aren't even self aware (I sure as heck don't remember any of it!) and all kinds of traumatic chit is happening to them...breathing air for the first time and god knows what other pushing, prodding and probing the docs do. A snip to the junk is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

j

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

You just keep telling that to yourself. Research shows that they don't cry not because it doesn't hurt, but because the trauma actually puts them into a sort of shock. Breathing air for the first time and getting the part of your body with the most nerve endings per square inch cut off are pretty different in any scheme of things.

18. jekbrown

so in other words, new borns have a natural defense system that shields them from the trauma. Another point for snipping the junk I would think...

I would imagine that the fear/panic induced by changing breathing mediums works both ways. If you don't think breathing air for the first time is potential 'bad times' take a big old breath of water and let us know what its like. ;) They make that oxygen-enriched water now that you actually can breath and survive just fine. A big university could prolly hook ya up with some, give it a try and report back. :)

j

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

You do what you want with your own kids, history is on your side. I think you might as well cut off his ears for all the help cicumcision does, at least without ears he'll be more aerodynamic.

20. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I am pretty sure I will have it done to my son if I have one. As far as I know it does no harm and is overwith quickly. I believe most people in my area have it done. Besides, every woman I have asked about it thinks they look really weird when uncut and prefer circumsized men. I remember hearing a comparison involving a seaworm once........