Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mammoth Power Systems Alternators

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ~JM~, Oct 20, 2005.

1. ~JM~

~JM~ Newbie

My experience with Lonnie & Mammoth Power Systems.

Been looking around for a high output alternator & found mention of this company. I gave Lonnie a call to discuss my needs. Found him to sound like he was very knowledgeable & helpful. On 9/19 or 9/20/05 I placed an order for a 200 amp CS130 alternator and I was told I’d have it in a week.

On 10/10/05 I called Lonnie to see if there was a problem as I had not received my new alternator yet. I was told that it had shipped & been returned as undeliverable. Now even though I make it a point to speak slowly & clearly when providing my shipping info, somehow the zip code was written down wrong. Lonnie assured me it would go out immediately & be here in a week.

As of today 10/19/05 I still do not have my new alternator.

Throughout all of this I have called Lonnie several times on my dime because he does not have a toll free number or e-mail & his web-site is still down. He has never returned my call once.

I wanted to help support a fellow 4 Wheeler & his business but now I’m wishing that I had ordered from someone else.

~JM~

P.S. Anybody have any recommendations on a good alternator company?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My first job was rebuilding starters and alternators, I was the alternator guy. I see so many people buying the high dollor units and shake my head every time. Okay, here's what's up, anyplace that rebuilds starters and alternators for a living can build a high output unit for you, and usely for alot less then those mail order part places. I always recomend calling your local rebuild shops first. If the unit craps out on you, it's much quicker taking it in to a local guy then mailling it off and waiting too get it repaired or replaced. Just food for thought.

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I highly recommend Powermaster. I bought high-amp alternators from 2 different local rebuild shops. One of them kept cooking the diodes after extended use and the other had the worst low RPM output ever. My 140 amp Powermaster cost $140 which more than the diode cooker and less than the high RPM only alternator I previously had. It has far and away been the best alternator I've owner. In fact, I bought it after seeing Will (72THING) have suck good luck out of his. I have since recommended a Powermaster to several friends and they have also been very impressed. Don't bother with the hassle of saving a few dollars...it will cost you more later. Buy the Powermaster first and keep your stock one for a trail spare. You'll be glad you did.