Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man am I mad!!! check out what I just discovered... **updated**

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Sep 7, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

ok guys, I'm gonna have to apologize to MudFreak... I emailed him last night, and was quite irritated when I did it... he did respond to my email and was very nice. he says he had no idea, and I gotta believe him...

I got this k5 from mudfreak, and I've been trying really hard not to pass judgement, but I tell ya right now I'm WAY beyond that point!

got working with BigRig, and he kinda had a feeling this block was a 305 from some of the stuff I was telling him... well I had already returned to block as a core, but it was still sitting up at the shop because they hadn't returned it yet.

I go to turn the thing over, and I am sitting here looking at a stamping right on the side that says 305! [​IMG] casting # 460778, and looked it up. <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

460778.....305...78-79...2 or 4

<hr></blockquote>

boy, this thing sure isn't turning out to be the 45,000 orig miles I thought this thing was [​IMG]...

I can tell ya one thing, I will be MUCH happier when I finish going through this thing and know that everything is in order! should be like a completely different vehicle when this job gets finished... I am just wondering what else I am going to run up against by the time I get this thing finished... [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff</a><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by solowookie on 09/08/01 11:03 AM.</FONT></P>

2. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: man am I mad!!! check out what I just discovered...

I guess when he said its in
    "Unbelievable condition" it really was. Sorry to hear about that sucks maybe you guys can work this out.
    Mudfreak needs to be steping up to the plate. My .02

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

That sucks.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Well I for one will not offer up any help or info to MudFreak anymore. I know my knowledge is limited but that's not the point. It's about stepping up and being honest and doing the right thing. I just don't want to deal with someone who might be like that. It's simply wrong and really just sad he took advantage of you like that if he knew. I'm sure I am not alone in feeling this way about this because nobody wants to be involved in dealing with someone who will be like this. However Jeff look at it this way... people who do things like this, it has a wonderful way of coming back 10 full on them! I wish you good luck and hope things turn out well here despite everything and the situation.

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;

5. solowookie

thanks Steph... (I need all the encouragement I can get right now...)

yea I'm kinda thinkin mudfreak should be stepping up here to be accounted for to either defend himself, or to tell me to go to h*ll...

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff</a>

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Personally I think thats really low...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

7. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

How's the tranny??? Just kidding, that sux.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

8. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

That's lowdown. I have been in your shoes before. I had a
    LS1 aluminum V8 stolen from me by a guy in Cali. I shipped it and he never paid. It is bad to be misled.

Neil H.. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne. '74 C10 3spd/floor 250ci 4x2

9. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

if he truly knew what was in there, then that is just plain wrong.
    you wouldnt believe what they do to people who knowingly false advertise over here.

"If it is breakable, IT will break. If it is indestructable, I will find a way to make it breakable, and I will break it."--Knife

10. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

I`ve never heard of the cubic inches being stamped or cast into the block before. Measure the bore, if it is 3.736" then it is a 305. 4.00" and it is a 350. I learned a long time ago that the numbers cast or stamped on a motor don't usually mean anything that they would seem to suggest.

The casting number on the back of the block should give you an idea of what the motor is and the stamped numbers on pass side pad behind where the alternator goes will tell you what exactly the motor was. For example I had an 70 camaro RS/SS with a built motor out of a 69 Z28 (supposively [​IMG]) The casting number ended in 0010. That was the same casting for 2 bolt and 4 bolt main blocks that were used on 69 and 70 motors. The stamping showed me that my block was actually a 70LTI not a DZ like it should have been.

Buy a book called "Chevrolet by the numbers". Best money I ever spent. Also, don't lend out the book as you won't get it back. Trust me on that one....

Shane

Never argue with idiots; They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience [​IMG]

11. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

What a mess! I'd hate to send blame out cause for all we know it could of been news ti him, but there has been just way too much wrong with this truck engine and tranny wise. I still believe if you falsly advertise something and are proven wrong you should retreive payment to buy and have the items promissed installed. But then again I believe all judges should be like Judge Miles Lane and say "Let's get it awn!" before session starts [​IMG] LOL.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

12. solowookie

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

13. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

you know if he really knew it was a 305 then i will once again have my people call your people and we can take care of this by mornning[​IMG] . i was thinking last time about the people who get screwed via PM,E-mails,ects. what we should do is only do deals with the old school members or <font color=orange>"members"</font color=orange> cuz what happens is Joe Blow logs on and replys to 4, 5 post and the buys some thing from someone or sells you something that never gets delivered. its sad it has to come to this but if you think about it Joe Blow doesnt care if we dog him or dont answer his ?s cuz he got what he wanted ($$$) just my .02

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

14. solowookie

oh man, I agree with you to a point... I work in an industry that is very dishonest, and so it isn't like I am not aware of the risks... even then I feel people have their free agency, and I have a really hard time trying not to put that trust in them...

if there was not trust at all in this world it would make for a pretty poor life style. man I live in a community where I can go anywhere and write an check, and they don't even ask for ID because they know me. I was raised with never having a door locked, and leaving the keys in the vehicles.

even at that I've lived in NJ, worked in Manhattan etc. and been around to several other cities quite a bit... I like it here because it is such a quite, nice little community.

man in my correspondence with MudFreak (since last night) he really seems sincere in not knowing the stuff that was going on with this... at this point I don't really know if it matters anyway cuz I'm gonna have to deal with the consequences anyway and work through this stuff.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

15. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

First of all, I never claimed that the Blazer was in "Unbelievable condition"... I said it was in great shape. I did not know there was a 305 in it. I was told from the guy I bought it from that the Blazer was a Silverado with a 350. I advertised it as the way I believed it to be. Apparently I was mislead by the guy I bought it from. If I had known, I would have driven it back the 2 hours to the guy's house who I bought it from and driven it through his picture window. However, the Blazer was very reliable for me and I took it on several trips. I am sorry to hear that Jeff is having a lot of trouble with the Blazer. But, to all of you who feel the need to "slam" me, perhaps you should have found out all of the facts before making such bold statements.

[image]http://www2.eboard.com/eboard/boards/9/50/68/tink/att-312393/88K5.gif[/image]

16. solowookie

well, I think it is good that you posted here, and stood up to be accounted for... there always are 2 sides to every story, and I'm glad that you have stated yours...

if it'll help I'll provide something for you to put through that guys picture window, and I'll even provide the $$$ for gas... (I'm thinking something like a mac truck???)

17. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

ALL 89 and up blazers have 350's or deisels in them. Also newer blocks do have 350 or 305 cast in them. Also it is the buyers job to confirm all facts before buying. The dude that sold it to mud freak may not have known. We are dealing with 10 plus year old trucks. Anything could have happened! Hopefully people that responded to this post will also apologize to mud freak too.

18. dnp89GMC

dnp89GMC Registered Member

I didn't say anything to mudfreak and I won't because I don't know his situation.

However, some one mentioned going back to the "old school" guys and I'm wondering that if that happens... is there any way to have steve send me my PW because I switched e-mail and forgot my org. PW, hence the new screen name. Hey, at least with my old one I'd be a wheeler now... forgot what I was in the OS version.

Pete

Truckfan2 from IL, now in AZ!!!

'89 GMC Jimmy- 355, 700r4, 6" Front springs, custom 6" rear shackle flip, D44 w/10 bolt knuckles, 14FF rear. Need- Raptor, Ox locker, '73 tub, ect.

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well Mudfreak, I'll apologize if there was any offense taken by my comments. However when I said "thats low" I wasn't singling you out, rather the person the made the original claim about the motor. I'm sorry if it came across otherwise.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

20. DeGreaser

DeGreaser Registered Member

If you search on the net for "460778 chevy casting" you'll find dozens of references indicating that it's a block for a 305ci engine. One thing you can do is look at the VIN on the body and on the block and see if they are the same. If so, it was originally equipped with a 305, otherwise it was swapped in. You can also determine the original engine type by decoding the VIN. LMC's catalogs have some good info on this.

I should share my horror story one of these days...

~Don