Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man I am finally making progress!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by solowookie, Apr 13, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.vtengineering.com/ck5/DD-Engine-9.jpg>Picture 1</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.vtengineering.com/ck5/DD-Engine-10.jpg>Picture 2</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.vtengineering.com/ck5/DD-Engine-11.jpg>Picture 3</a>

it seems like I have been waiting on this part or that, and I was positive that I had everything ready. well I got a new fuel line to replace the HP fuel line section between the TBI &amp; the frame because the moron that fixed that line (no not me) used rubber hose &amp; hose clamps.

well I pulled the line to realize the the moron had not only ruined the part between the TBI &amp; frame, but also between the front of the frame &amp; the fuel filter. looks like I will be trying to find that section of line on monday, and down until I can find it.

I am betting that none of my local dealers will have this part, and the ends are that GM specific non-standard thing. it is a combination of braided line &amp; steel so you have a place with to be able to change the fuel filter.

I will probably end up replacing it with steel, and then getting the actualy replacement piece in place later when I get it.

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Looks good! I see poly bump stops in there too! I'll bet your dying to kick it over!

3. solowookie

this things been sitting for about 7 months now, and I'm dying! man after I got the $$$ to get the parts together my work started picking up it's been very hard to find time to finish it up.

I gotta lot of nice stuff on this; 3/4 ton axles with 14B FF rear (including disk breaks), greasables all the way around, disconnect sway bar etc. man this thing sure rides sweet.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Looks great Jeff.. Almost there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looking good, hope you find the fuel line you need.

6. solowookie

yea me too, but I do not think it will be very likely around here /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

yup... looks great... just keep poking at it and it will be finished and rolling

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Jeff, looks great!

Maybe Twiztid (he's north of Salt Lake and works in a shop) could help you find what you need.

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the local, Mayor. But, I've had the pleasure of meeting Jeff befrore. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Looks great, Jeff. But I think you might have problems with the No. 1 plug wire routing. [smlie]

I'm afraid I'm not much help with the fuel line problem, sounds like you probably have a one-off kinda thing, that might be a tral and errror fit/fix.

BTW, have you given thought to the front drive-line length, I really think it needs to be shortend.

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

good looking powerplant! when is the Grand Firing?/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. solowookie

yea I have - you found a major problem that day. this thing had a VERY short life after you discovered that when I was down there. if I drive carefully it does not bottum out, but that is something that will be addressed ASAP when I get everything else put together. (but not before I make a fishing trip over to Flaming Gorge /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)