Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man, I got Termites in my house

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by yeild2me, Mar 25, 2005.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

:frown1: ...We have only lived here for 2 years, and now we have termites. Does a Home warranty or Insurance cover this?? I wrote those dudes a check for 2550.00...This sux...

If anyone has any advice, I am all ears :ears:

Thanks, Rob

2. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Everybody has termites in their house. The best thing I have found is the aerosol poison with the litte needle on the end of the tube. Stick the needle in the hole where the saw dust is coming from and fill it up.

Also check around the foundation for dirt tubes from the subteranean termites. Destroy the tubes and inject poison into the small hole in the wood.

Tenting the house will definately get rid of all the termites, but it is expensive, you have to live somewhere else for a week, your house will stink and you will have more termites in a few years again anyway.

3. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Get the spray from home depot or lowes for in and around some. Then get some of that that you mix with water and did a little trench and pour around the foundation. Do a little everyday for awhile and keep after them and you will get rid of them. Now you know that it is anther thing that you must do as regular maintenance to your house like getting on the roof once or twice a year and sealing around vents and such.

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Termites need a water source to survive, cut that off and they die. As far as the damage, I dunno.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I don;t have termites, I have mice, crickets, and kittens in the walls

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

kittins will grow up to take care of the others or geta snake to take care of all of them.:grin:

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Termites ??

My friend had some strange noises in his walls one summer--we noticed a big hole chewed thru the wood siding,up near the eaves,next to his chimmney--one day we saw a grey squirrell go in the hole!-AH-HA!--thats what that "chewing" noise was!--then we saw a chipmonk go in there too!--so he nailed another board over the hole after putting some D-Con in it first--I said I didnt think that was a good idea,they will eat it and die,and rot inside the wall,and stink like hell-:blush:

Sure enough,after a week of silence,the stench was readily apparent!--he decided we should remove the panelling over the fireplace to retreive the corpses from the wall studs--we got about a 3 foot section off,when all of a sudden the wall started "hummimg"--there was a HUGE honeycomb that covered the entire wall,with MILLIONS of BEES!:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: --we ran for our lives!!

I knew my old boss had a beehive,and liked to play "beekeeper",so I called him up--he came over in full dress beekeeper uniform,and found the "queen" bee,and brought it outside in the woods--it was amazing to see all those bees follow him like the pied piper out of the house and into the woods where he put the queen!

Only took us 3 days to strip the wall and scrape all the honeycomb off his walls--Oh yeah,we only found the chipmonk--the sqirrell must have had an escape route,or maybe he was turned into honey...:confused:

I hate any kind of bugs in the house--spiders,crickets,ants,termites,silverfish,cockroaches,flies,misquitoes--they all creep me out,especially if you find one in your bed!!:yikes:

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

one more reason why concrete homes rock. You may have termites, but they ain't eating the load bearing parts of the house!

j

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Don't play loud rock music in the house then. It has shown that termites eat more wood when exposed to loud rock music.

:smirk: