Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MAN I HATE JEEPS!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bullet, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Okay guys ans gals, I blew the engine in the Jimmy during a mud bog and it has been out of commision for about a month now, but thats another story /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ...About a week after the Jimmy croaked a family friend offered thier CJ-7 that had been sitting in thier garage collecting dust, so what the hell its better than walking. They let me take the top and doors off so feel right at home because thats how the Jimmy was before it died. Two weeks went by and not a problem, the I-6 smoked a little and the 4speed was shaky but it got me from point A-B no prob. But for the last three weeks has been HELL!!! The clutch is going out so it shakes like a crackhead in withdrawl, the engine burns and leaks oil like the Exxon Valdez, I reak of gas after i get out of the thing, the ignition sucks and death wobble like you woudn't believe!!! This thing sucks! I miss my fullsize!!! Seriously it is so squirley steering on the road and rambles around the street. Heres the kicker: two days ago I was leaving for work at 6:45 and half way there, it dies, plenty of gas dont know what happened, poured gas in the carb and started up and went on my smelly smoky way and arrived 15min late. Its bad enough to be late, but when your Father is your boss you get your @$$ chewed by your boss and your dad!!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif OH, did I mention that Jeep is for sale, FOR $6,000!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif The engine for the Jimmy will be finished by Wednesday, how I count the hours!!! 383 Multiport Stroker here I come!!!
    And for all the Jeep owners, your right I dont understand THE JEEP THING!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Don't hold back Matt...tell how you really feel /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

BTW I love your sig, LMAO!!!

Rene

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I'm glad you hate jeeps also. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

"Real JEEPs ......are Willy's" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ah, think of it as motivation to help your dad get that 383MPFI installed and running........... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah i don't understand that jeep thing either, does anyone? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif you're not alone.

7. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I'll borrow a line from Mat (NoRulz)...

Jeeps are for cheerleaders. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Seeing as how my first vehicle was a CJ8 Renegade package, I still am a little taken by them, especially how I lost it to the front end of a '76 Caddy /forums/images/icons/frown.gif , had it for 2 weeks, I still sort of miss it /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your jeep, that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif My parents had a jeep once, a CJ5 with a very nicly built V8 but my mom T-boned a buy that ran a red light and rolled it through an intersection. Thank God she was fine, or I wouldn't be here!

10. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I don't hate Jeeps, really.....just some (most) of the owner's of Jeeps.

11. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

They also say Real Jeeps have round headlights.
    That's why i bought a wrangler with the square ones and then put Chevy stuff under it. Hell it runs great now /forums/images/icons/grin.gif