Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man, I hate my friends

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 24, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yep... A month ago, 2 of my friends called me up and said "You need to get a house with us." and I was like... I can't afford to move out, I buy too much stuff for my truck... And I said I'd think about it...

So a couple weeks rolls by, we look at a house, talk about it, draw up a rough budget... and I say, "I can't do this, I'm going to be left with $100 a month with which to buy gas and whatever other things I deem necessary, plus I have a $100 insurance bill coming up for my physical therapy. Find someone else."

So a couple more weeks go by, they keep talking about it, I keep saying I really can't afford it, and they keep making plans including me, assuming I'm going to be in on it...

Today, I get a call from one of the guys' mom. The mom has been helping out a lot, she looked at the house with us, helped make the budget, and all kinds of stuff... She says we all need to get together, so I go to sharis and we talk, and I say I can't afford it, and she offers to pay the deposit for me, and I say I'll think about it... She calls back a couple hours later and says they want the deposit tomorrow or they can't hold the house for us any longer... and I tell her to call me before she goes over, and I'll sleep on it...

So tomorrow, I'm going to tell her YET AGAIN that I'm not doing it... It just doesn't fit into my plans for the next 6 years of my life. Yes, I've got a plan for the next 6 years of my life written up and stored conveniently in my bedroom, including buying a lot of cool stuff for my Explorer before I go off to basic training...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the bad guy in all of this, though I'm not sure how... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

unless it involves close family members dying, you being jobless or dropping out of school, then dont EVER do anything you DO NOT WANT TO DO.

screw anyone who says otherwise.
    grant

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    unless it involves close family members dying, you being jobless or dropping out of school, then dont EVER do anything you DO NOT WANT TO DO.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed!!!

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

screw anyone who says otherwise.
    grant

[/ QUOTE ]

nuff said...

5. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't worry about not affording it, the basic idea of buying a house with friends is a BAD idea. (don't know if you were talking about buying or renting). Even renting is usually a bad idea if theres more than 2 people involved.(its a good way to turn friends into enemies... someones always late with their share of the rent.. people eat other peoples food.. someones gonna crank up the phone bill and not want to pay for it... Last but not least, someone will eventually move out leaving the others to cover the extra rent....)

Just tell them you can't afford it, plain and simple!

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...and I was like... I can't afford to move out, ... And I said I'd think about it...

we look at a house, talk about it ... and I say, "I can't do this ..."

... and they keep making plans including me .....

I get a call from one of the guys' mom.... She says we all need to get together, so I go .... and we talk, and I say I can't afford it ... and I say I'll think about it... and I tell her ... I'll sleep on it...

...tomorrow, I'm going to tell her YET AGAIN that I'm not doing it... It just doesn't fit into my plans ....

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the bad guy in all of this, though I'm not sure how...

[/ QUOTE ]
    As long as you keep stringing them along and flip-flopping on whether you're "IN" or "OUT" - they're gonna assume you're still on board. Make up your dang mind and make a decision YES or NO - then STICK TO IT!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Give them a firm "NO". Don't ass-u-me that they will take a hint /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif