Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man...i love my truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Mar 1, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i love it...its got a 350 in it with a holley and headers...with dual dynomax turbo's..that thing sounds ncie and LOUD!!...i was just outside running it and my neighbor starts blinking her porch light at me..i couldnt stop laughing..i rived it even louder..man im ganna have a lot of fun with this thing!! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

my neighbors hate my truck...especially in the winter when I start it up every couple of days and let it "idle"...chokes messed up so I have to help it for the first few minutes....at least Im nice and wait till 730am to do it!

Brandy

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my sub has an exhaust system thats about 6 feet long, the mufler fell off one day and it has just the cat and about 1 foot of pipe behind it, hella deep sound! i start my truck at 5:15 every morning to let it warm up before i leave for work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

I run a high flow cat and flowmaster 3" single exaust. It purrs at idle and roars above 2k. I rent a cabin on the grounds of a daycare center. When I leave for work in the morning the kids watch for me out the window and go nuts as I roar out of the drive. Their teacher says that its the high point of many of the little rednecks day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif!

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea pissing neighbors of is great...i dont have cats on mine..and i *think* its a 2.5 inch probobly..ive only had the truck a few days now but i would guess thats what it is.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really need to do a exhaust system on my K5. It's way too quite right now. Factory dual exhaust kinda sucks for that mean sound. I plan on Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, 2.25" dual exhaust with ( H pipe to connect both sides ), into 40 series Flowmaster mufflers (No cats) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 400cid small block.

7. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yep built 350 into headers with straight pipes neighbors love me they come out yellin all the time

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my truck has no tial pipes..it stops right at the mufflers..ive been thinking about putting tailpipes right out the back... but im wondering how that would effect sound? i like the loudness of it now..i wouldnt want it to get quiter really..may just put some turn down pipes to help the exhaust flow down a little or something..i dont think that would effect the sound much....

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You think you piss off the neighbors. I can't imagine living next to Shawn who owns the Potent Rodent. I heard his truck a few weeks back and DAMN!!! That thing is really LOUD, and he runs 70 series Flowmasters, which are supposed to be the quietist ones available. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

We were going threw a tunnel, and all I could hear was his truck while I was driving my own. And I have a decent exhaust, and was spinning upwards or 3000 RPM. I couldn't even hear my own truck with the windows rolled up and him 50 yards behind me.

He goosed it as he came out of the tunnel, and his exhaust was loud inside my own truck, and I was ahead of him. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Right on dude! You finaly got a good running truck? I've been watchin your posts over the months...Gotta admire your dedication to this place even with a truck that wasn't driveable for all that time. Gotta feel good to finally have somethin you can drive. Good $hit bro...Got some pictures of it? And what happened to your old one?

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx man! yea i had those two blazers and basicly was trying to take the best of both and combine them into one...but thats hard when they are realy both pos's lol. so i started puttin my money away and got this one for 1500. it does need some body work...but nothing out of the ordinary and is a good solid truck all around..great floors and mounts and all that. and it runs great..allmost a whole new drivetrain. the blazers...i still have them im trying to sell the one for parts in the swap sheet...other one ill proboly just junk.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    my truck has no tial pipes..it stops right at the mufflers..ive been thinking about putting tailpipes right out the back... but im wondering how that would effect sound? i like the loudness of it now..i wouldnt want it to get quiter really..may just put some turn down pipes to help the exhaust flow down a little or something..i dont think that would effect the sound much....

[/ QUOTE ] Think of dumping it out the sides infront of the rear tires. Use some Meg's exhaust tips

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My neighbors get treated to the beautiful sound of a K5/ 350 every morning in Stereo! I have headers, single 3", no cat and turndowns after the flowmaster muff. My neighbor has a 72 Jimmy with headers/ dyno-max exhaust. Gotta admit. The neighborhood sounds real good when both our rigs are fired up in the mornings. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. eastk5

eastk5 Registered Member

You guys make me jelous!!! Havent been able to see or hear my truck for over a month and i still have five more months to go before i can. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

hehe, I run a set of hooker heaeders (3) inch with 3" pipes and 40 series 3" flowmasters all have welded on flanges and bolted up, "no clamps", oh yea its a bbc 396 with a cam and trw pistons bores 30 over and a 750 carb /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My Trans Am has a gutted cat and that is it. It is loud as hell. My neighbor came over to me yesterday when I was working on it and asked me if it was a 4-spd. I said yeah and he said he thought he heard me leaving earlier! I park a pretty good ways away from out apartments, too! He's pretty cool, he loves my car.