Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man I want to relocate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fulltopblazer, May 24, 2002.

1. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

You guys need to help me find a job in a new town.....and state.I live in the very sw corner of OK I'm at least a couple of hours away from any wheeling theirfor their is no one in this town that off-roads, when I do get my truck out and drive it on the street people look at me like I am some redneck freak. No really I would like to relocate to some place like CO,AZ,UT something like that with some senery like mountains trees hills or anything. I've been here for about 4 years and it is about to drive me insane. I'm not some punk kid blowing smoke out my a$$ I have a wife and 3 kids so if anyone knows of a large auto glass company that is looking for a branch manager or something similar keep me in mind Thanks NIck

2. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Reno Nevada isn't a bad town for wheelin. They're economy is in good shape.

It is a desert wich is why I moved back to good ol' green Oregon, but the mountain range is just 20 minutes away offering trails, trees, and lakes.

As far as the wheelin opportunities..First, the Rubicon is by Lake Tahoe. Easy regular weekend trips. You can stand anywhere in town and see 4x4 trails going up all the hillsides. Peavine Mountain is right on the edge of town offering some extreme wheelin. They also have 4 Wheel Parts and Summit as local retailers.

More wheelin than you can shake an axle at /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Check around here in Phoenix. We are always growing and I am sure you can find a job somewhere here.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just incase you were wondering Washingtons FULL!/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm in Rapid City, South Dakota. Right at the foothills (begining) of the Black Hills. I'm sure you could find work around here, I see all kinds of help wanted in the paper. As far as wheeling go's, The Black Hills National Forest is awsum !!!!!!!!! It's small mountins. Also got the plains east of town with the Badlands, great for mudding. I really enjoy exploring the hills for ghost towns from the gold rush days. Iorn mountin and silver mountin are great for finding them, and each is about a 1/2 hour to 45 mins from town.

6. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Why do you think I sugested NV? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    LOL

7. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

LOL !!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input guys. Does anyone have links to some local newspaper classifieds wheir I could look for work?

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Check out the outskits of Folsom, CA up through Placerville, CA off of Hwy 50 (east of Sacramento)... nice area...! Oh yeah local paper is http://www.sacbee.com .....

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

11. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

12. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I'm in Ohio with a wife and one daughter, and a friggin one month long sinus headache. Lived in Phoenix, Tucson, Wash. state Tri-Cities on Columbia river. Even OK City for a month. Arizona rocks pretty good, nice weather if ya like hot and dry, which I do. Prolly a ton of glass work...especially if they still do chip-seal on the roads...throw tar and gravel and let traffic seal it down. LOL!

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah what Stephanie said. When I lived in Sac there was a ton of auto glass glaizers around and lots of work. Just ask Steph Sac is full of people who can't drive /forums/images/icons/wink.gif