Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man, I wish I had $1000 extra right now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

There are so many trucks in the trader's shoppers guide this week for $1000 or less that I wouldn't mind having... If I had $1000 to spare, I'd have another truck this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Of course when I DO have it, those deals won't exist anymore /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    P.S. There's finally a crew cab! I was waiting for that one /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif:) /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

You'd have about half of that grand if you sold your exploder for twice its value.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Ferget that... I wouldn't sell my exploder for less than $2500... get a little money out of it, get a cheap truck, AND have some cash to fix it up with /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'm with swanson.... maybe you can give your exploder away and that will be motivation enough to save up and buy a real truck

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You could trade the Exploder for some 3.08 10 bolts with a gov lock. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

And what would he do whith the 10bolts. Put em under a truck and pry they dont break on the speed bumps, urban wheelin can be torture! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That was a joke. Well maybe not since it is an Exploder. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

oh man poor Exploder boy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Whats the crew cab like?

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Like this: /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif I was referring to the Instant Graemlin /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So, like hey, Bubba Ray Boudreaux here. I've just been scratching my noggin wonderin if y'all are gonna go anywhere with this thread or what? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Although there is a nice blue 86 Crew Cab at a lot down the road. It's listed at $2500, but the owner said he'd go down to $2000 if I'm interested. Unfortunately, it's only 2wd. It was a dually, still has the wheels and tires in the back, I'd just have to find the fenders somewhere and bolt em on. It's got a 6.5, automatic, and it's pretty straight. It looks like someone did some rust work on the bed around the wheel wells though, and a cheap but really nice blue paint job. Glass is good, and it seems to run well when I started it up (didn't drive it though)... I'd love to have it, but I want 4wd... /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You do get upset at pointless threads right? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Too bad it's 2wd. Before I got my 4x4 crew cab, I bought a '78 2wd for $500 with plans to convert it to 4. Then the 4x4 ended up coming along.

Just today I was looking through some local ads. There was an '82 1-ton 4x4 single wheel Crew cab for $4500 and another 1-ton dually 4x4 Crew cab with a 396 for $3500. They seem to hold their value around here.

I just noticed this /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif