Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man I'm bummed, got stiffed $150 by a member

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Jul 30, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man I\'m bummed, got stiffed $150 by a member

man, I did a transaction with a member here where I paid him $150.00 for a pair of tinted sliding windows. it has been around 2 months, and no windows. started emailing him again, and he is not responding.

guy is in the middle of a divorce which is understandable, but man he shouldn't have cashed the check. now he doesn't have the money to send them... [​IMG]

not gonna come out with a username cuz I'm hoping he'll come around. don't think I'd come out with a username anyway, but I wanted to voice my frustration

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: man I\'m bummed, got stiffed $150 by a member

Don't feel bad. I'm in that situation too. [​IMG]

My problem concerns 3 members. I'm not naming names yet, because 2 of them have been keeping in contact with me. The third one has not yet.

The totals of the 3 combined add up to $435. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

3. solowookie

man that really bites! there is such a large group of good people here that it is a shame when something like this happens.

it is almost like being betrayed by your best friend or something. if it was ebay or something like that I'd feel a little better about it. [​IMG]

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I feel for ya, Jeff.

But, I think the guy probably has bigger problems on his mind.

Still crappy to cash a check w/o any product.

I hope this pans out for the better in the end.

Twiztid

-edited-
    Man, I've got to learn how to type faster!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Twiztid on 07/30/01 07:46 PM.</FONT></P>

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I know what you mean, too!!! [​IMG]

BTW, my problem goes back 2 months also!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

This seems to happen a lttle too often in the brotherhood. C'mon, guys!!!!!!! There's no excuse for not paying your bills- If you didn't pay your power bill, the electric co. would turn off your power. If you don't pay your gas bill, the gas co. shuts off the gas(Trust me, I know!!!!!![​IMG]).............

Don't take advantage of those generous enough to show a little faith in fellow K5 owners! If you can't afford a part, wait until you have the money and THEN make the transaction. And don't rely on bull$hit excuses like "I'm going through a divorce" or "my kid needed braces" or "my buddy didn't pay me the money he owed me". Guess what? Life's hard for everybody, including the guys you STIFF AND RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!

Well, I've said my part. Pay your goddam debts, guys!!!!!!

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</a>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

7. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

I think you should put the names up. What if this is a bad habit, wouldn't you like to know if he had done this before-maybe he has? Let these people clear there names afterwards. Oh by the way, I just ordered some parts from RGF. This fellow goes way out of his way for your $$$ -don't think twice about a transaction with him.

8. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I would like to see a rating system like ebay so you know who has a good record. A couple of the best to deal with are Brian60s &amp; HD Dave. So far I have not lost anything but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. The trust system only works so far.

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That sucks, sorry to hear about it. Sorry to hear it's rampant, too!
    Too bad there's no way to get colateral while waiting, like a local member that would go over and ship them for him if he doesn't have the time, or beat the crap out of him...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **I need a house. Friggin realtor went and sold mine.**

10. solowookie

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Too bad there's no way to get colateral while waiting, like a local member that would go over and ship them for him if he doesn't have the time, or beat the crap out of him

<hr></blockquote>

yea I know what you mean... quite honestly I'm OK with the idea that he's the one thats got to live with it. man I'd hate to be the one that shafted anybody, let alone one of my fellow k5 members.

11. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

Newyorkin, the last part of your post is a little extreme, isn't it?
    This has been a problem that has only gotten more serious with the addition of so many members. Bill, I do appreciate the comment about my honesty, thank you. I have never tried to bend over a fellow ck5er or anyone for that matter. I don't know if I believe in "Carma", but I do believe what comes around go's around. I hope he makes it right with you. God only knows what is goin on in his life right now. Just making a post like this, if he reads it, will probably put a fire under his butt to pay up. As far as a rating system go's, I feel mixed about it. On one side, it would be great to know how other dealings have gone with fellow ck5ers, as to reduce your chance of getting burned. On the other hand what makes this board different than all others I have seen is the closeness and comrodery we share as one big group or family. A rating system might take that away by letting it be known that it was needed in the first place by members ripping other members off. So, in turn making this board no better in some respects than ebay. Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Just my opinion.... Brian

IT'S A 1 TON THING.... IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!

12. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses

I'll have to admit that i messed up w/ a fellow k5'r. It was more of a timing problem than anyything (my fault) but I did everything in my power to get him the money when he wanted it, and of this day the debt it taken care of. my advice is, that if there is a problem (on either end of the deal) some sort of contact (any) is probably your best bet. I say this now because I have been on both ends of the string now, and it really sucks because it happens when you need the product or money the worst.

Danny

sun desert offroad http://community.webshots.com/user/scoobydann<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ScoobyDann on 07/30/01 10:24 PM.</FONT></P>

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Man that flat out sucks! Come on guys and gals... [​IMG] One... not paying a CK5 member is like sucker punch'n your own Mama in the the head... two... we all have the same addiction (or hobby as some say hahaa... yeah sure [​IMG] and most of us are pretty tight moneywise... so just think if it was the otherway around and you got suckered... How is Wes suppost to build up the K30 he got from shawn? Heck Jeff (solowookie) has double pain! He's building up 2 Blazers at the same time...[​IMG] Most of us, or least I am struggling just to get one built up and still afford my rent .

I recently bought an amp and was strapped for cash, but the amp was a sweet deal so I sent a PM and asked if it would be ok to send $100 now to hold the amp and would send the other 200 on the next payday. The deal went off without a hitch and we are both happy! Thanks again Ryan... the point of babbling this story would be if you don't think you have cash right away or something comes up... send a message... explain the situation, and most importantly get it settled as soon as possible.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

14. tim_87

tim_87 1/2 ton status

hey this guy is not in n. ark. is he.

musicman

15. solowookie

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

hey this guy is not in n. ark. is he.

<hr></blockquote>

nope... he's not. actually another member pm'd me, and said he had personal experience with the guy. said he is actually a pretty decent guy, and he can probably pick the windows up for me... (keeping my fingers crossed)

we'll find out, but I was happy to hear that. I'll keep everybody posted, and man it really makes me feel a lot worse for Wes. here I was disappointed because I was having a problem with 1 member, and he's having a problem with 3.

I do appreciate everybodies comments.

16. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Tell use what state he is in.......Somebody might be close by. I would help out if he is in CA near me........Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

17. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Well thanks for the kind words Mikey. Our transaction went off without a hitch...it was nice. Now I just need to convince you to buy some more of my stereo stuff [​IMG] lol
    But back to the topic, I don't see how this happens so much. I would feel like such a dirtbag if I deliberately ripped off a fellow CK5'er. Taking advantage of nice folks is no way to live life.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

18. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

does anyone remember the ken brown incident? anyone heard from him or anything?

19. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

I got my product from Ken that I bought.
    It took a long time for just two blocks but they did make it.
    I am just glad that its over.
    Blazin72

Blazin 72

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, it is kind of extreme, but I wasn't being serious about that. I'm not a violent man, really.

But like Jeff is saying there's someone nearby that may get the windows for him, that's the kind of thing I was thinking.

Also, when making payment, legalize it. I did this once for a girl I rammed with my car when we decided not to go through insurance; send the check, but below where they endorse it, write "A signature above endorse's no further responsibility for any damages caused by Joe Smith in the accident on 05-18-95."
    Maybe for transactions, you could do something like, "By endorsing this check, the above agrees to supply blah blah blah, or return full payment within 30 days of check deposit." This way when they sign it, and you get the check back in the next statement cycle, you can start remind them they signed something saying they'd ship it.

Or maybe use Fed Ex, and put a hold on the check until you get a Fed Ex tracking number for the product.

The other member that can run over and give the deadbeat shipper a hand or reminder is kinda more what I meant.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **I need a house. Friggin realtor went and sold mine.**