Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man I'm bummed!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Jun 1, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man I\'m bummed!

I was going to put the steering box brace kit on, and do my rear disk conversion tonight on the 14B axles before I throw them on tomorrow and do the lift.

I changed out the coil about a month ago to a hi-performance accell, and it was only bolted on one side. well I made the mistake of not finding a bolt for the other side.

to make a long story short it broke from the vibration, and the guy that was helping me fixed it kinked my fuel line (don't ask how it's a LONG story)

now my k5's sitting at my mechanics one night before the lift, and I am unable to feed my addiction! I <font color=blue>NEED</font color=blue> my K5 to work on tonight. I'm having withdrawls!

he doesn't want me to do the rear converion before the lift so he can get it in and out of his shop quicker... seeing how he's a mechanic, and he's being super nice to help me plus let me use his place I gotta honor that...

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Re: man I\'m bummed!

don't feel bummed. I am sure there are several other members who could use your help working on thier trucks/blazers :-)

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

3. LA91Blazer

LA91Blazer Registered Member

Man if you were only around last week end. I just finished the 6" lift with the full ORD upgread, RS9000's, steel break lines, and new 33 BFG M/T's. That was a B!tc# of a project solo, but it was a labor of love. Just waiting on the back ordered sway dissconnect.
    Good luck Jeff, I feel your pain.

BlazingWolf

4. solowookie

yea I'm sure there are lots that could use my help... however I live in the middle of nowhere... [​IMG] and I want to be working on MY blazer! LOL [​IMG]

5. solowookie

yea I was reading about your project! I keep reading how much time etc. this has taken everybody else. my mechainc keeps telling me it's bee no big deal.

for some reason see seems very confident. I think I kinda believe him though because tonight he changed the steering arm in about 5 minutes. I watched him and he had absolutely NO problem. seem to know just how to get that thing off etc...

when I told him a LOT of people say the steering are is one of the hardest parts of the lift. he just LAUGHED! [​IMG] He knew exactly where to hit with a big sledge and those things just popped right out! [​IMG] he told me he's taken a LOT of those off and thats VERY easy for him. wish we all were so lucky!

well I guess we'll know tomorrow. I'm gonna have him, his assistant, and me all working on it so I'll let everybody know how it goes! [​IMG]