Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man, Im disapointed in myself darnit

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Aug 8, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

last week we took our 4 yr old to the dentist for the first time!! ofcourse we put if off WAYYYY to long, and for no reason really. I just kept passing the responsibility onto my woman and she put it off on me about finding a pedeactric dentist. well now he has two cavities in two teeth that have to be fixed today, poor little guy.

we thought we were brushing his teeth really well but not so. so I feel like an ass for letting it go soo long and now my little buddy has to pay for it with a shot in the gums and drilling and stuff. I AM a good dad but boy I dropped the ball on this one and let me tell ya the guilt hurts something awful. someone throw dirt in my face and kick me in the nuts, maybe that will make me feel better :( .

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It can happen to the best of us. I moved my appointment back a few months and now I have to get 2 of em fixed as well, still haven't, just need more time to do things.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My oldest had a couple. They gave him a little glass of Kool aid and he was out like 10 mins later. Never knew what hit him. Made me feel like crap for letting him get the cavities though.

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just proof that you are a good Dad, the fact you feel bad and won't let it go that long again.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

baby teeth or the real ones?
    dont feel to bad man, some peoples teeth just aren't as strong as others.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Baby teeth with me. We brushed every night, but not well enough apparently. We also gave him too mush candy. Live and learn.

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

You can make it up to him when the tooth fairy comes to claim those teeth with fillings. I got extra for mine because they had "silver" :wink1: :D

8. rdn2blazer

baby teeth. well he did great at the dentist for his first time getting shots and all. not even a peep out of him when he saw the needle. the dentist said he wished all his kids were like this. unfortunately his teeth are real soft. its from genetics the dentist said. when he ground out the cavity he actually did a mini root canal since the tooth was so soft. I have strong teeth and so does my woman but my mom and dad had dentures by a young age.

dentist gave us a perscription for floride. our son does not get any candy or treats. a rare piece of cake now and then but before bed time for treats if he's hungry he gets fruits or baby carrots or stuff like that. maybe some yoplait yougert, then we brush him up.

400 bucks today and no insurance to help pay for it sucks but we have to get his teeth back in shape, and they sealed then too. that will help prevent more cavities from occuring. we have to go back thursday from one more tooth and another almost 400 dollar bill, ouch.

9. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

shy away from fruits before bed. They have alot of natural sugars in them.

10. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow another parent like me:wink1: What a meanie head:haha: My kids very rarely get sweets. Ice Cream and cake stuff like that but neither of them drink soda/pop or munch on candy all day. Now they really don't even care because they never really got that urge for it. They WONT drink pop now because they would rather have the Hi-C Orange or Strawberry stuff from fast food joints because thats what they know:D

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

aww they are just baby teeth, he gonna loose them anyway
    youll get a second chance:)
    i guess i have strong teeth, they are kinda yellow, not a bright white, but the doc says thats the strongest kind

12. rdn2blazer

my son has had 2 sips of a 7 up one time in his life. he gets non sweet juices and water and milk and on hot days some gatorade, thats it.

13. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Im now old enough to go myself and pay. But my mom hasnt takin me in 7 years. Im now 18, and workin on going myself cause it needs to be done and it pisses me off she never took me.

14. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So you guys that don't give your kids soda do you drink soda? While they are around?

I am a new parent and the no soda thing sounds good to me

15. rdn2blazer

I have to admit yes I do, but not all day every day. just here and there. I have cut out alot of soda. drink iced tea or milk or gatorade or cranberry juice. but on the very rare fast food trip in a pinch I get a soda. at home I told my woman not to buy me any more soda. she stills buys diet soda though which I dont drink.